facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by DynoTronix on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi all,

New member from Pittsburgh PA. I don't actually own a bike. I'm a 60 year old electronics engineer and I make new CDI modules to replace OEM units no longer available anywhere else. I started off in 2015 helping a friend with a defective CDI module on a vintage 1981 Yamaha IT250 engine. That act of friendship turned into a small business and now I make six different CDI modules for several vintage Yamaha bikes. You can read more about me at the following link. dynotronix.com/about-us.html.

I found this forum while searching for people having electrical issues with their bikes. I will gladly help if I can.

Best regards,

Bill
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, mdscott, KJB, MACE6772
10 Nov 2018 11:12 #661

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Schu on topic And just who do you think you are?

Oh boy. This is going to be fun to follow. You need to go back in time to 1974 with your product line. Unless I missed something with my cursory glance.

Good luck, and hold on!
Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
10 Nov 2018 11:21 #662

Replied by Cuttervac on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi everyone. I'm Ron and I just recently found and joined this forum - what a great group and resource! I've loved two wheeled motorbikes since birth I think... My first bike was a 70 something Yamaha trials 80 which I thought was a motocross bike LOL. In 1983 I was 19 and I bought a brand new 1981 DT175 (only $725) I loved that bike and road her on and off road for a few years. I started riding 3 wheeled ATVs and so I sold the Yamaha but I still road street bikes. A couple years back I traded a Suzuki Vstrom for a KLR 650 and started trail riding again. While browsing Craigslist a couple months ago I spotted a 1981 DT175 just like I had, it didn't run but I took a chance. A good local mechanic got her running for me and I can't wait to put some miles on her. I can't decide yet if I want to use her off road, or if I want to restore it to like new, or as close as I can get it?? I hope that as I dig into this site I'll make up my mind...or not :-)
16 Nov 2018 22:38 #663

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by shyted on topic And just who do you think you are?

I think you might be a bit busy soon . Hello from me by tha way.
Regards Dave.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: DynoTronix
17 Nov 2018 04:24 #664

Replied by NickH on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi, I'm Nick and found this site whilst looking for resources for my DT125 Enduro. I have experience of these models having ran a DT175MX for six years back in the late 80s as well as a TY250.

The 125 which I picked up last weekend starts first kick and apart from the wear and tear you would expect on a bike this old has electrics problems which I am presently sorting out. It was last used on the road some 9 years ago. It also came with a 175 barrel and head and I have just picked up a brand new carb so I can at some point open it up to 175.

I have a number of other off road machines including a Honda XR350.
Regards
Nick
17 Nov 2018 05:59 #665

Replied by Prof on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi.
I'm a retired professor. Looking for a bike similar to the '70s Kawasaki my wife learned on (in the '70s), I found and bought for her a '72 Yamaha AT2, all original, in great shape, just over 3000 miles. This forum looked like the best source I could find for information and advice.
Regards,
John
The following user(s) Liked this Post: darinm
17 Nov 2018 07:32 #666

Welcome Prof
You nailed it by joining this group. Unbelievable wealth of information to be had by simply going back thru the thread history. Loved the 70s Kawasaki models. My second bike was a blue 74 F7 175. I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course I stripped off all the street gear and installed knobby tires and a Bassani expansion chamber. That bike put up with so much abuse....sorry for the ramble.
Schu

17 Nov 2018 09:39 #667

Welcome Nick. Good choice with the 125. My 125 is the easiest starting bike of my collection. All the Yamaha enduros seem to start quite easily as long as things are all well and good. Can't say the same for the XLs and XRs that I have owned in the past. I develope a limp just thinking back to my XR600. But it was the best tractor I've ever owned!
Schu

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Jspeer
17 Nov 2018 09:49 #668

Replied by DynoTronix on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the welcome.
Regards,
Bill
17 Nov 2018 17:50 #669

Replied by Jspeer on topic And just who do you think you are?

My name is Jerry, I live north east of Dallas tx, I was raised in southeastern Oklahoma. I have rebuilt several dirt bikes over the years. But never 1 with points. My dad bought a LT3 new and I have fond memories trail riding on that bike. I was young, I was small enough to set on the fuel tank. My Grandfather and uncles also had Enduro's back in the 70's. When we would go camping my dad and Grandfather would take me riding to get me to fall asleep, good times.
3 years ago I inherited my dad's broken down LT3, I wanted to fix it up, and was going to get help from you guys. But my brother gave it away before I could get it out of my dad's barn. Now I am on a search for a early to mid 70's Yamaha. I am used to riding a modified RM250 off road, so I don't quite now what size to get yet.
04 Dec 2018 17:16 #670

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart