facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

Yep, got my RT2 from Triad. Looked ok in the photos, but actually needed a shed load of work doing to it, was missing quite a few non obvious parts and a lot of the parts that were fitted belonged elsewhere!

If you haven't done so already, check out KDI Reproductions for seat foam and cover - there is a link on the right hand side, towards the bottom of the page.
14 Mar 2019 13:07 #701

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by flon3y on topic And just who do you think you are?

Thanks Mark, it has been for the last few years but I'm turning it back into an Enudro right now.
15 Mar 2019 15:04 #702

Replied by crazy_qbz on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello everyone, Im Keith. I just recently acquired from a family member a 1976 DT175. The bike has some electrical problems but runs like a top. It came with service history and a large box of parts from a rebuild of the engine.
We are a large bike family which among the newer bikes includes an 1975 DT400 , 1975 RD400, 82XT250 and lastly 1965 55cc Honda CUB C105. I hopefully can get this little beast cruising the streets again as it had to come off last year due to no signals headlight.
Ride Safe but have fun.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MACE6772
Last edit: 18 Mar 2019 10:10 by crazy_qbz.
18 Mar 2019 09:10 #703

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by MarkT on topic And just who do you think you are?

Very nice! Welcome!
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: crazy_qbz
18 Mar 2019 10:34 #704

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

I agree, very nice. And welcome from the UK, you've come to a great forum.

If it hasn't been restored, then I'm guessing it hasn't spent too much time off road (two mirrors, indicators intact).

Hopefully the electrics will be easy to sort out. Might be worth checking out the voltage regulator if it came with one fitted. If it didn't, then maybe fit one (instructions in the Tech Library on this forum).

MarkT recently did a great summary of how these old 6v systems operate (assuming, Mark, that this model uses the same principles!).

Keep us posted of your progress.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: crazy_qbz
18 Mar 2019 11:04 #705

Replied by PigDoc on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello. I just joined. I explored last week. But today I bought a 1973 DT3. I used to own a 1971 DT1 that I bought near new, (400 miles) from a dealership in Keokuck, Iowa in 1971. I drove it in high school in western Illinois. At the time and still today, the law would only allow a 16 year-old to legally drive 150 cc or less. Hence I was breaking the law! I did have a licence but just not the right one. Eventually I got caught but when I was 20 and forget to renew with the right class!

My Enduro had a few modifications. I had a raised plastic fender (black) and a flat style tail light. I added an expansion chamber which I believe was called a Torque but could be mistaken. The baffle was held in place by a Circlip retaining ring. No heat shield but it was always cool to the touch where your leg could contact. It was easily a 4-5" pipe at it's widest. I'd love to find one for this bike.

The bike I purchased is above average I think. I get it tomorrow. It needs a new ignition switch for certain. And it isn't running. The speedo show 3600 miles. It appears to always been dry stored. The seat cover will need replaced. Paint looks decent. I will share as I progress. I bought this to ride here on the farm but also satisfy nostalgia. I won't do a concourse restoration but who knows where this will go! I do have a 1969 Triumph Bonneville too with 8000 miles.

So thank you for this site. I look forward to some good discussion and I am sure will need some advice. Mechanically I am competent at least with small engine rebuild and all the basics. I have never overhauled a motorcycle engine but have done many repairs. The last repair was the kick starter spring on my Triumph 2 years ago.

Best regards

Charlie F A.K.A. "Pigdoc"
The following user(s) Liked this Post: darinm
10 Apr 2019 14:55 #706

Replied by mdscott on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome,
your story sounds familiar, most are living our past. You'll have post pics of your bikes, including the T120, I sport a oil dripper also, Norton MK3
Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'03 ST1300
'75 Norton
'73 CB500K
'81 Honda CT110
'87 PW50
'64 McClane Edger
'02 Honda XR70R
10 Apr 2019 20:08 #707

Replied by PigDoc on topic And just who do you think you are?

I walked away from the DT3. Careful examination revealed molestation. Switch was rifled, over spray, mileage suspect, no title and not running. Decent parts bike; I thought I could do this for less. But I'm interested in a runner or at least a complete non-molested bike. And without a title, even if the VIN is clear, is just movable parts. This group and information really opened my eyes and I learned a lot in 48 hours. I'll keep looking. Thank you.
13 Apr 2019 05:14 #708

Replied by 1971DT250 on topic And just who do you think you are?

I tend to spend more money upfront for good, complete, running bikes with clear titles. It is cheaper in the long run.

Also I have 3 DT3s. Original, unrestored. They are my favorite riders.
The hours spent riding my Enduros is not deducted from my life span.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
13 Apr 2019 05:21 #709

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic And just who do you think you are?

Just curious, there, Pigdoc; what was the guy asking for the DT-3? Seems like a sound decision.
And are you still in IL, or are you in IA? Just curious, again. Had a brother-in-law who was a pig farmer in NE until they sold everything and moved to outer Chicago to be closer to grandkids...
13 Apr 2019 05:23 #710

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart