facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: And just who do you think you are?

And just who do you think you are? 14 Mar 2019 09:45 #701

• VAX GASKET
Thanks for the Dorset welcome!
Actually bought the bike on e-bay from Triad Motorcycles in Brighton. The owner there, Neil Bostock, Imports bike in from the States and sometimes has some interesting bike from time to time.
Will check out the voltage regulator situ...thanks for this!
Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

And just who do you think you are? 14 Mar 2019 10:02 #702

• VAX GASKET
Hi Ted,
Thanks for the welcome and info on CMSNL and DK for spares....point noted....tammy is well nailed on! :)
Excited to be on this site. I am sure it is the best place for info on these bikes.
I was at the Carole Nash Motorcycle Show at the week-end and had a chat with some friendly bikers who suggested that buying a 2nd doner bike was the way forward....then sell on the unused parts on good old e-bay!
Kind regards
George

And just who do you think you are? 14 Mar 2019 13:07 #703

• Gr8uncleal
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor

VAX GASKET wrote: Thanks for the Dorset welcome!
Actually bought the bike on e-bay from Triad Motorcycles in Brighton. The owner there, Neil Bostock, Imports bike in from the States and sometimes has some interesting bike from time to time.
Will check out the voltage regulator situ...thanks for this!
Cheers!

Yep, got my RT2 from Triad. Looked ok in the photos, but actually needed a shed load of work doing to it, was missing quite a few non obvious parts and a lot of the parts that were fitted belonged elsewhere!

If you haven't done so already, check out KDI Reproductions for seat foam and cover - there is a link on the right hand side, towards the bottom of the page.

And just who do you think you are? 15 Mar 2019 15:04 #704

• flon3y
Thanks Mark, it has been for the last few years but I'm turning it back into an Enudro right now.

And just who do you think you are? 18 Mar 2019 09:10 #705

• crazy_qbz
Hello everyone, Im Keith. I just recently acquired from a family member a 1976 DT175. The bike has some electrical problems but runs like a top. It came with service history and a large box of parts from a rebuild of the engine.
We are a large bike family which among the newer bikes includes an 1975 DT400 , 1975 RD400, 82XT250 and lastly 1965 55cc Honda CUB C105. I hopefully can get this little beast cruising the streets again as it had to come off last year due to no signals headlight.
Attachments:

Ride Safe but have fun.
Last Edit: by crazy_qbz.

And just who do you think you are? 18 Mar 2019 10:34 #706

• MarkT
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
Very nice! Welcome!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: crazy_qbz

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250

And just who do you think you are? 18 Mar 2019 11:04 #707

• Gr8uncleal
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor

crazy_qbz wrote: Hello everyone, Im Keith. I just recently acquired from a family member a 1976 DT175. The bike has some electrical problems but runs like a top. It came with service history and a large box of parts from a rebuild of the engine.
We are a large bike family which among the newer bikes includes an 1975 DT400 , 1975 RD400, 82XT250 and lastly 1965 55cc Honda CUB C105. I hopefully can get this little beast cruising the streets again as it had to come off last year due to no signals headlight.

I agree, very nice. And welcome from the UK, you've come to a great forum.

If it hasn't been restored, then I'm guessing it hasn't spent too much time off road (two mirrors, indicators intact).

Hopefully the electrics will be easy to sort out. Might be worth checking out the voltage regulator if it came with one fitted. If it didn't, then maybe fit one (instructions in the Tech Library on this forum).

MarkT recently did a great summary of how these old 6v systems operate (assuming, Mark, that this model uses the same principles!).

Keep us posted of your progress.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: crazy_qbz

Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart