facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by edgemont on topic And just who do you think you are?

New guy here. Bike hoarder by birth. I have a beat 75 DT400, a nice 75 DT250 and a like new 78 DT100. I’m in the process of building the ultimate DT camping steed for me, my wife and daughter. Bikes we can haul in the back of my truck and rip mountain fire roads with on weekends

I don’t know much about 2 strokes yet. Grew up on XR600s. Gonna need help getting these bikes recommissioned. Great site yall got going here!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Badger52, MACE6772
29 Apr 2019 17:21 #721

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome. Looks like you're starting off with three good condition, nearly all there bodies to begin with!! That's most of the battle right there.
29 Apr 2019 19:17 #722

Replied by liferbiker on topic And just who do you think you are?

you forgot to mention are those bullet holes?
29 Apr 2019 23:58 #723

Replied by Relicracing on topic And just who do you think you are?

Just joined the site. Name’s Thom and I’m from the southern end of New Jersey. Mid 50’s & retiring this winter after 30+ years as an Aircraft Fabricator for the DoD. Motorcycles have been a part of my life since a used, Fox Minibike back in the late 60’s. Raced a little AHRMA MX & rode a couple trials events. Commute regularly on my ‘06 BMW R1200RT. Like many of you I have a garage full of bikes/projects. More non-runners than runners, unfortunately. I recently added to my heard a couple DT250’s, a CT1 and a slew of spares that I need to sort through, decide what I’m keeping and what I’ll be swap meeting off. Originally answered the FB Marketplace ad for the titled ‘74 DT250 but once home, the titled CT1 is the bike I’m diggin’ more. Plan is to finish it up as a street legal desert racer styled bike. I’ll probably have lots of questions along the way that hopefully you guys/gals can help me with. Anyway, that’s me and I’ll post some pictures in the future. Should have taken some before it all got moved inside. Take Care.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Badger52, MACE6772, JayJay
01 May 2019 13:02 #724

Replied by KennyV on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! Sounds like you have nice collection, looking forward to the pictures. I have a couple beemers myself.
71 Z50 Minitrail
20 CB500X Halfrica Twin
21 CRF300l Rally
01 May 2019 13:24 #725

Replied by JayMo on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi, My name is John and I am amazed at this group and the cognoscenti!

Always wanted a bike, never quite got there... I used to visit the mother country (Spain) and ride the various weirdo (most the wrong side and one upside down) shifting farm family heirlooms with terrible brakes and dodgy electrics and loved it...

Anyway, many (many) years later... finally got my first bike... a non running 1980 DT175... Now I spose the fun begins...

Anyway, i spose this is the plan...
  1. Get the permit
  2. Get it running
  3. Get it Nice!

Anyway, in the theme of getting things done the wrong way around, I started by creating a thread, I then realised I missed the "Post Here" bit...

It does mean I can post a link tho!
JayMo's DT175

All I can say, is what an awesome resource this place is!

Regards

John

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, MACE6772
Last edit: 05 May 2019 04:15 by JayMo.
05 May 2019 04:14 #726

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome from the UK John.

As you've already sussed out, loads of great folks here ready to help and loads of useful stuff in the Tech Library as well.

Good luck.
06 May 2019 01:03 #727

Replied by DirtHokie on topic And just who do you think you are?

Just joined. Been riding dirt bikes off and on since I was 5. Recently my son and I have gotten into vintage harescrables
He is 13 and has a 1978 yz100, and I have 1980 YZ 125, which has transmission issues. We also ride modern bikes, a KX 100 and a XR400. Just starting to learn the ins and outs of working on this stuff.

I was thinking about switching the transmission gears to a IT 175 gears. any thoughts on this.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MACE6772
08 May 2019 12:33 #728

Replied by sheens85 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello! Just joined, also new to forums in general so please be gentle haha

I have two vintage enduros, a 1971 Yamaha AT1 in Competition yellow and a 1976 Yamaha DT100 in a colour I'm still trying to figure out.

Looking to rebuild the DT100 to an original spec, unfortunately trying to find any info on it is like hens teeth.

Hoping this forum can help me track down the original colourways that came out for a DT100 in 76 and just parts in general!

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Kenbow56
09 May 2019 20:59 #729

Replied by Devin on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! Check the vin charts under the tech library to verify what you have. Do you have any pictures of the bikes?

The 1971 AT1C was brilliant red & the 1970 AT1B was competition yellow.

The 1976 DT100C was chappy green.
Last edit: 09 May 2019 21:11 by Devin.
09 May 2019 21:08 #730

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart