facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by Paddygee on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hey all, bought a '77 DT400 this summer, been sitting out a while but rolled and had plates (from 2005) so very promising. Also guy only asking $100 so what to lose? Finally got papers sorted and on the road (then quickly off road). Out for a quick 50km dirt loop after work today. Rebuilt carb and serviced brakes so it will stop AND go. New tires soon to ride out the season then refresh over winter. This bike is a LOT of fun! I just sold my '79 XS750 and have a '85 ZX6R Ninja full resto lingering as well as a '71 CT70 Honda for the Missus on the back burner. 2003 Ducati ST2 for speed, distance and daily commute but the Enduro is taking centre stage for the rest of this season. Look forward to learning new quirks. Am 48 yr old working as a locksmith so always making keys for local bikes, just trying to finally have a happy childhood.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, mdscott, Snglsmkr
20 Sep 2019 22:11 #751

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome from the UK.

Hours of fun, both riding and restoring, await you!
20 Sep 2019 23:38 #752

Replied by liferbiker on topic And just who do you think you are?

nice work!
21 Sep 2019 08:54 #753

Replied by Zoroc on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris (25) and I have just gotten my first motorcycle and it's a 1970 Yamaha CT1B (numbers matching!) and I could not be more excited! I absolutely love the style of these bikes and the candy green is by far my favorite factory color. My brother and I used to race around my grandfather's property on a couple of Baja dirt bikes, and he went with me to pick this one up and we both just fell in love with it so this might end up being our project instead of just mine. Obviously it needs some work, but the experience alone should be worth it.

It currently is not running (no spark) but does turn over and has compression. Once we can get it running we will tackle the list of things I know need to be done so far: gas tank dents and badges, handlebars are bent, no front fender, main key switch can be turned with a screwdriver due to no pins or springs in the tumbler (no key provided), figure out why there is no spark, seat upholstery, control cable lubrication (hopefully not replacement), replace plastic front brake control with period correct part, the front and rear brakes were both fully applied and barely stopped me rolling down a hill :side:, and who knows what else we will find. I am going to try to do everything as period correct as I can. Previous owner had it running earlier this year but only used it as a dirt bike (which explains the dents and bent handlebars), and I intend to use it primarily on the street with some dirt use.

I'm thankful to have found this community and have already read through several restorations and cafe racer builds on this forum. I don't know what route (restore or cafe racer) we will be taking yet, but be sure this forum will be our primary source for information!
1970 Yamaha CT1
The following user(s) Liked this Post: mdscott
26 Sep 2019 07:27 #754

This message has attachments images.

Replied by KennyV on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! Looks like it's going to be fun project and it has a nice expansion chamber. Bonus!
71 Z50 Minitrail
20 CB500X Halfrica Twin
21 CRF300l Rally
26 Sep 2019 08:09 #755

Replied by Eazy-X on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hey guys, just starting work on this:

This image is hidden for guests.

Last edit: 05 Oct 2019 13:28 by Eazy-X.
05 Oct 2019 13:27 #756

Welcome!

That tail light fitment makes me think that you might be in the UK..............?

I'll resist the smart arse comment about turning the rear indicator around!

Good luck with the resto.
05 Oct 2019 23:14 #757

Replied by Isiahengland on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello everyone! My name is Isiah (27). I just recently picked up my first classic enduro and I’m absolutely in love with it, It is a 1975 dt400b. It is mostly stock other than a yellow front fender, handlebars, no signals and a tail light that I found easier on the eyes. I grew up riding two stroke dirt bikes and it has been a lot of fun and very nostalgic being able to ride one on the roads around here (Livermore CA). I have have been lurking this forum for a few weeks now so I have already contacted meis about the sleeper modification to the stock exhaust and have been reading a bit about the compatible mx400 cylinder, head and piston, but that will be later down the road if I’m willing to sacrifice the mpg. I’m not sure if there are any meet ups for people who are interested in these old enduros in the bay area? But if you know of any please let me know! Would love to attend some. Other than that it will be great chatting with you guys about these bikes via this forum :)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, mdscott, Gr8uncleal
Last edit: 14 Oct 2019 18:53 by Isiahengland. Reason: Photos are not showing
14 Oct 2019 18:48 #758

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
15 Oct 2019 00:29 #759

Replied by Lindsay G on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi all, a week ago I bought an almost restored RT1 ( I think) That is I think its an RT1, I definately bought it. To be honest Trail bikes havent been at the top of my list, its mostly been hot rods, muscle cars and road bikes but way back in the early 70s we had trail bikes ( most of us 100s or 125s but one mate had a 360 and it impressed the hell out of me so I always thought that if I ever see one at the right price I'll buy it and thats what happened
Anyway , about me. Live in New Zealand (top of the South) .Spent a lot of years driving earthmoving machinery, was a farmer through the 90s and currently a boilerman.
I'll try and add a photo of the bike.
21 Oct 2019 07:58 #760

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart