facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by Garden Gnome on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi, I'm new to your group. My first road registered bike was a Yamaha DT125 I bought second hand in 1978. I loved that bike! I've had numerous bikes since then. My days of riding big bikes are over and I recently got rid of my Bonneville and bought a Honda Monkey 125, funtimes! I've joined your group because I want to find another DT125 and restore it to original for nostalgic reasons. I like the technical stuff you have and I might the help of your brains trust. Thanks for having me.
17 May 2019 05:48 #731

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by 2fishkev on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome. You came to the right place. Plenty of help rebuilding available and if you post where you are roughly, there could be help finding a good specimen to start with. I redid a basket case Dt125a as my first motorcycle and also first restoration project with the help available here.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Garden Gnome
18 May 2019 07:51 #732

Replied by Kayto on topic And just who do you think you are?

Just a quick update regarding my '74 DT 250, literal barn find, ran over/squashed project.
I did replace the twisted frame with a '74 DT360 one (exactly the same), straightened the from fork tubes and swapped out the sliders. Opened up and inspected the motor, which just verified the mileage even more. Cleaned the >original< points and set the timing to 3.2mm BTDC. Cleaned the old, 1974-75 fuel varnish from the carb and put in a new main jet o-ring. Bolted it all together and did a trillion other little things. Anyway, after double checking everything, I stuck a battery in it, hooked up a temporary fuel supply, but some Amsoil 2-stroke oil in the tank and,bled the injection pump, gave her a couple slow priming kicks. Turned the ignition on, and after >1< solid starting kick, she lit up and ran just like it was 1974 again! Idled done nice and everything! Couldn't help but to tuck the fuel jug under my arm and take a scoot around the yard. Not boasting here, just sharing my joy. Still a ways to go before it's trail/road worthy, bit it'll get there!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Gr8uncleal
02 Jun 2019 06:31 #733

Replied by Tony400 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi all, Tony from Australia here.
I love all things bikes with a soft spot for the Yamaha's of my youth.
I'm currently restoring a DT400B which has had two previous owners. It looks a bit rough, however runs well and should be back on the trails soon.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

My other bikes-
IT400E

Love getting it dirty

IT250H - restoring

and my modern YZ250

cheers
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., bluntz465, WarriorShay
03 Jun 2019 03:07 #734

• MarkT
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by MarkT on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! Tony!
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
03 Jun 2019 06:09 #735

Replied by JayMo on topic And just who do you think you are?

Trying to zoom in on the exhaust.... izzat Falcon a v8? They will all be future classics either way....
05 Jun 2019 00:49 #736

Replied by Tony400 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Just a six, however a great bike hauler
05 Jun 2019 02:40 #737

Replied by Kenbow56 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello fello Enduro Nutz, I am 62 been riding since I was 14, long time... rode the pegs off couple bikes for real!
currently own and am ;fixing restoring, a 1974 Yamaha GT80, 1976 Yamaha DTc 175, 1973 DT3 250 my sweetbaby! and a Suzuki 1978 TS250 was reading the you might be a endure guy if... has quite a few laughs there that hit home.
Im in Colorado in the Pike NTL. Forest had nice 25mi. ride in the mountains here today. Have fun all Great Sight Thank You to all that make it Happening !!! Kenny
The following user(s) Liked this Post: bluntz465
07 Jun 2019 23:57 #738

Replied by WAsage on topic And just who do you think you are?

After 50 years at this motorcycle thing and something like 33 bikes I finally have my first Yamaha Enduro; a 1975 DT400. In fact my only other Yamaha was an SRX600 which I bought as my first set of wheels after graduating from college.

Ive spent a few days catching up here, downloading manuals and talking to Dave about the pipe and Rich about the engine ..... and the beast is now in many parts about to be upgraded !
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, bluntz465
24 Jun 2019 09:25 #739

Replied by Swim4Zen on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hey everybody, My name is Joe and I am extremely new to the dirt world. I am actually on here because I got my son an old '79 YZ125. He fell in love with dirt biking instantly and we'll probably be upgrading to something newer very soon. In the meantime we're working on getting this one running again.
I don't currently ride but I would love to be out there with him. Maybe I'll find something that suits me just right and be able to get some more bonding time with him.
26 Jul 2019 14:20 #740

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart