facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by DaveR on topic And just who do you think you are?

Yes its was !! 55th & El Cajon blvd. Gil & Bob

Gotta like that helmet your wearing :)

Check out the Video I posted under Enduro videos of the 1970 Carlsbad GP race.

www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/...70-carlsbad-gp-video

Picture is from Dehesa
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Hammer, Dfeustel
Last edit: 06 Mar 2018 07:02 by DaveR.
06 Mar 2018 06:18 #581

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by gary.fogden on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi im gary fron uk recently bought a yamaha rt1 to tinker with so may need to pick your brains, cheers

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

The following user(s) Liked this Post: 1971DT250
Last edit: 08 Mar 2018 09:58 by gary.fogden.
08 Mar 2018 09:02 #582

This message has attachments images.

• garybparkes@gmail.com

Replied by garybparkes@gmail.com on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi All,

I have found your site, looking at seeing if a purchase of a '74 DT360 is going to be viable. I am in the process of adventureizing my 2012 NC700 for a on/off road trip up north this summer and the endure bug is hitting me. I am looking at a '74 DT360 with 2000 miles on it, My 1st bike was a '73 CT1 175. I remember that bike to be pretty indestructible, but I am wondering how reliable they actually are, considering I was about 14 or 15 at the time. And are parts available? I am seriously thinking about this for a weekend trail riding bike. I also have a '94 Honda VFR I have retired with 117k on her, a '99 VFR replacement and my commuter 2012 Honda NC700. I am longing for the real riding of an older bike, just looking ahead to if parts are needed. I am going to look at this bike this weekend.
Thank you in advance for any info.

Gary
09 Mar 2018 09:17 #583

Replied by rmattrpdx on topic And just who do you think you are?

Thought I'd finally hit the intro page after lurking here for a while. Bought an XT500C about a year ago after a couple of decades away from motos. After a while, I realized I might have room in the garage for another... Started thinking about a 2-stroke, and settled on searching for a DT175E. Found a really nice <750mi example and scooped it up a few weeks ago. Should have just put the mouse down at that point, but the Craigslist habit is hard to shake. Saw a CT1-C on CL a few days ago for too cheap, and had to swoop. I think the garage is full enough now... I've got plenty to keep me busy, and will have a lot of questions for y'all moving forward with the CT and DT (especially the CT). Some pics of the DT and XT, along with a shot from CL of the CT:

The following user(s) Liked this Post: 1971DT250, Steve F, Snglsmkr, DaveR
31 Mar 2018 11:57 #584

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic And just who do you think you are?

[/quote]
Welcome. Nice stable. Interesting drag chute, there, on the front wheel of the CT...
01 Apr 2018 09:47 #585

Replied by TerryM on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome. Nice stable. Interesting drag chute, there, on the front wheel of the CT...[/quote]

And the one on the back looks like it could get caught on the rear tire, especially if you put a knobby on back there.
01 Apr 2018 11:42 #586

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic And just who do you think you are?

We're nothing if not unmerciful, huh? Seriously, welcome to the site, and you have endured the Enduro sickness well with those three bikes.
01 Apr 2018 14:35 #587

Replied by Yama388 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello all,
I'm Yama388 and Ive bought a few vintage Yamaha project bikes and might need some help on a few issues i'm facing so far. I bought these projects to restore and enjoy riding the vintage style enduro bikes. I own a 1971 yamaha RT1B, a 1975 dt125 and a 1974 dt125 parts bike. The RT1B and the dt125 ran before i winterized them and hope to get them up and running in the next couple weeks. Had the Rt1b running up until a few days ago when it suddenly stopped working. Might need some help but i'm going to try starting with the service manual.

1971 RT1, 1974 DT125, 1975 DT125
Last edit: 07 Apr 2018 21:42 by Makotosun.
01 Apr 2018 19:25 #588

Replied by rmattrpdx on topic And just who do you think you are?

Thanks!

Yeah - I've barely started working on the CT, as I'm getting the DT175 up-to-speed. But... I've already yanked those crazy mudflaps.
01 Apr 2018 23:15 #589

Replied by 72 Yellow JT1 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi Guys, I am the proud 3rd owner of a 72 JT-2 MX that has been in my extended family since new. Unfortunately I did not know the difference between JT1 and JT2 when I hastily picked a username lol. My great uncle bought it new for his kids to ride on farm in Sunnyside, WA, then after sitting for several years, he sold it to my cousin in Sunnyside, and when his kids outgrew it he sold it to me, and now it resides in Tacoma, WA.

My plans are a restoration of this neat little enduro machine! I also own a nice survivor street bike that I occasionally commute with, a 75 Honda CB400F, and after this JT is complete, plans are to resotre/modify my dads longtime commuter also a 75 CB400F. Sorry for using the H-word twice, I am not extremely brand loyal, I just have a love for most bikes (and cars) built in the 60s-70s.
07 Apr 2018 20:50 #590

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart