facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by 1971DT250 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome. What a collection. You need some more Enduros.

Also I think the F15 is one of the best planes of all time. I wanted to join the Air Force in 1973 and pursue a flying career. Passed the flight surgeons physical but was stopped by the red/green color deficiency in my retinas. Could not be in the front half of an airplane,
The hours spent riding my Enduros is not deducted from my life span.
18 Jan 2018 17:29 #551

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by asco on topic And just who do you think you are?

After recently completing the book "you are the universe" I now "think" I know who I am.

asco
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
19 Jan 2018 08:54 #552

Replied by Beeker on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello, my name is Landon. I just acquired a 1972 DT2 for free dollars yesterday. It's pretty rough but, I think it can be saved without spending a fortune. It's a matching #s bike which is one of a couple highlights. The engine looks promising. Pulled the pipe and the reed to take a look around. Oil injection has been bypassed, so I'll be looking into that. Front wheel bearings, swing arm bushings, and cables are SHOT. Looking forward to fixing it up though. A small group of us from another forum have a vintage dual sport camp-out once a year that I hope to bring this bike to.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Pillsbury
Last edit: 21 Jan 2018 17:06 by Beeker.
21 Jan 2018 17:04 #553

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Makotosun on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! To the site! Download a manual from the tech section. DEET is our oil pump guru.

Tell me more about your vintage campout event. I am just north of Portland and it appears you are in the PNW.
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
21 Jan 2018 21:28 #554

Replied by rob3662 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi everyone,

My name is Robert, I am a Math teacher in Newfoundland, Canada. A few months ago my cousin gave me a '73 CT3 that stopped working on him. I got it running, but not perfectly, since I just wanted to make sure it runs. It is mostly complete, it needs a clutch and brake cable, turn signals, a battery and it is missing the oil pump. It has a 21" fron tire, which I read was an option.

I currently have 9 bikes including this one. They are a 1967 Kawasaki C2SS(current project), 1973 Yamaha CT3(this one), 1976 Honda CT90, 1982 Honda CT110, 1982 Suzuki GS550, 1983 Honda Z50, 1985 Honda CT70, 2007 Honda CBR125(fiancee's), and a 2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R.

The CT3 is put in storage now, at least until the summer when I am planning on being done with the C2SS.

Here are a couple pictures of it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Pillsbury
29 Jan 2018 11:58 #555

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by MarkT on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! Robert. Nice CT3 you have there!
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
29 Jan 2018 14:02 #556

Replied by RT325 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome from nz. Good bunch of bikes you have there & have the field pretty well covered. With your CT3, in my humble opinion, you might find it better for general use with the original front wheel & fattish tyre compared to a skinny 21 plus the 21 rakes it out in the steering too much. Maybe i'm just having a bad day. Too damn hot here lately. Cheers. ps i have an AT1--the 125 piston port version of yours but snuck a TY175 top end on & goes like the proverbial. Also have a fair mixture of 'ratbike' 360 & 250 yams RT2's & DT1's & just to confuse--one of the 360's has a 250 crank & one 250 has a 360 crank--that's confused things enough for today lol.
29 Jan 2018 14:22 #557

Replied by rob3662 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Thanks for the welcome. I took it for a little ride before the snow got on the ground and it seemed fun even though it would only rev to 5000rpm. I have never owned a dirt bike or any other bike with a big front wheel. I am keeping my eye out for a small front tire and fender. In my research I found out that the ttr125 with the drum brakes still use the same hub, if I need to go that route.

There is also someone in my province with a dt360 for sale but it is 700km away. But if I go near where it is I may be up to number 10. Hopefully I will have a thread started next summer about the rebuild/ fix up.
29 Jan 2018 15:29 #558

Replied by 74enduro on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello Everyone.

Very new to the forum and have been very encouraged about all of the material and resources that are out here.

In the span of four short days, I am the new owner of two Yamaha Enduros.. don't know how proud I am yet as they are both non-running.
The first one was what I thought was the first bike I had ever owned, a 1974 DT125, I was thrilled that I was going to have a chance to go back to my childhood. The bike is really rough when I dragged it home (frozen brake - rear) and thanks to the resources here, upon closer inspection of the VIN I found out that I actually have a 1976 DT 175 (wondering where that electric start was..).

Bike #2 came two days after this purchase as a co-worker saw the bike in my truck and asked if I was interested in another one (before I knew about the actual bike I have). It is a 1975 DT 125B which has been left out in the snow here in Michigan,, it is complete, but needs love.

So what started off as a return to my childhood has turned into a full-blown "what the hell am I doing here??". I have mediocre mechanical skills and lots of doubts if I can get them going, But with reading the forums, printing the service manuals and watching alot of YouTube videos, I am slowly wading into figuring out where to start,, My motivation is to be able to ride with my son this summer all over Northern Michigan and show his mom that this is not a "Crapfest" but a chance to ride on the first things which gave me the feeling of total freedom as a kid.

Now if I can only find a usable stator and magneto for the 175,,,,

Glad to be here and happy this forum exists with all of this knowledge!!

Thanks
Mike
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Paoli, Pillsbury, darinm
30 Jan 2018 13:04 #559

Replied by Makotosun on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome to the site. Your stator may be fixable - send a PM to DEET!
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 74enduro
30 Jan 2018 18:33 #560

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart