facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

• MarkT
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by MarkT on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome!

1978 IT175 engine will drop right in to the 1978-81 DT125/175 monoshock frame as far as motor mounts...

Rear wheel assy is the same except aluminum rim on IT and steel rim on DT.

Front wheel has different axle size. Completely different steering bearings but you probably can find or modify triple clamps to use the IT forks on the DT. (Make sure you start with a 79-up DT with the leading axle forks if you want to try the IT forks on the DT... otherwise you'll have gas tank interference at full lock)

Swingarm/shock from IT will not fit DT.

A lot of small parts are the same.
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
18 Aug 2017 20:14 #521

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by pabdt on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi, I joined this site to check out the tech, photos, nostalgia, etc.

I became a DT junky when my dad bought me a DT125 in 1975 at ~14 y/o but I always felt that I didn't achieve the full benefit of the bike as I had stripped it down for off road riding. That bike is long gone.

So, about a month ago, I got to thinking about that bike and searched craigslist to see if there were any still out there. I had only intended to look at it and exactly what it was I had, how many were made, etc.

To my surprise, there was one about 30 minutes from my house for sale. I've had this bike about a month and pretty much restored everything on the bike back to working order. My goal for this one is 100% stock and streetable. Its nice to roll coal in CALIF legally w/a 2 stroke as most of them are outlawed even in the off-road riding areas certain times of year.

So, this bike brings back happy times, offers nostalgia, and to be honest I have a much higher appreciation of how it was put together and enjoy working on it.

I am the 3rd owner of the bike. The 2nd owner knows the original owner who bought it in Hayward, CA new. The 2nd owner, a female motorcycle mechanic
rode it about 400 miles then sold it to me. As you can see, I have only put about 30 miles on it, but am enjoying it so far.

Here are some pictures:

74 DT 360 ... resto in progress.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2017 07:38 by Makotosun. Reason: fixed the photos
11 Sep 2017 17:48 #522

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by jfdashley on topic And just who do you think you are?

very nice.
So grateful for all those who created these awesome enduro motorcycles.
12 Sep 2017 09:57 #523

Replied by 2fishkev on topic And just who do you think you are?

Wish even one of mine had been that cherry. Solid example. I have one complete titled and a 74 &75 parts bike set. The first is going through a build up after total tear down and surface restoration. Welcome to THE best resource and enduro think-tank available!
12 Sep 2017 16:17 #524

Replied by pabdt on topic And just who do you think you are?

looks like the beginning of a very nice bike. I had no idea there was such a following of these bikes until the last few months. And this site, I agree, is excellent.
DEET has already helped w/several parts. Thanks DEET!

You photo reminds of what I need to do next. I think one of the forks needs oil or probably both a rebuild.
74 DT 360 ... resto in progress.
12 Sep 2017 17:57 #525

Replied by 2fishkev on topic And just who do you think you are?

I didn't think there would be much attention to a lowly74 125 when I started. That's why I decided to change some things and make it how I wanted with older parts and powder coating rather than rechrome. Wish I had went stock now.
Good chance anything rubber is either hard, cracked, or melted, unless it spent its life in a controlled environment. Nickels and dimes, nickels and dimes. But to look at 40 yr old like-new bikes is great! Finally riding it too!
20 Sep 2017 17:52 #526

Replied by Ross on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi all, I'm the new guy from South Florida. I bought a DT 1 brand new in 1970 and always wanted another. I picked up a 72 DT 2 last week with 4300 miles and am very pleased with it. Used to race an AT 1 and a Penton in hare scrambles around Florida waaaay back when. Thanks for the site and sharing all the great info!
06 Oct 2017 10:38 #527

Replied by Rod788 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Good stuff Ross and welcome from Down Under mate.

Rod
06 Oct 2017 10:50 #528

Replied by Memorylane on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello all, my name is Leif and I'm new to this site. I am 52 and have just started to "restore" a clone of my second bike as a kid. It was a yellow mini enduro. And I'm still unsure of the year. I have 2 questions...
I have what I think is a cool childhood story regarding my first jt1, where do I put it?
I have searched many sites and have not been able to figure out what I have bought off Craigslist. I did very basic research before I bought this, I just new I was looking for a jt1. I saw this basket case and bought it.
Frame # JT1-107365. Anyone know what year or where it's from?
Thanks!

Attachment not found

My life is a hilarious series of wrong turns, and to quote bugs bunny “I should have taken a left at Albuquerque!”
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Pillsbury
18 Oct 2017 21:17 #529

Replied by mdscott on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello, welcome to the site.
It would be best if you post your bike on Mini-Enduro Madness thread, you will get more looks there. As far as the year , It a 1971 model, its the first year with a orange tank.

yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/mini-enduro-madness
Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'03 ST1300
'75 Norton
'73 CB500K
'81 Honda CT110
'87 PW50
'64 McClane Edger
'02 Honda XR70R
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
18 Oct 2017 22:44 #530

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart