facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I live in SoCal and over the years I have had 60+ motorcycles. Current ride is an 05' Goldwing. Last was an 04' BWM GSA. While looking for parts and info on my project 75' DT400B on advriders.com I came upon a link to this site (AWSOME!). Hoping to find what I need here along with much needed advice and to make new friends with similar interests.
05 Oct 2014 06:47 #101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Makotosun on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! blues Traveler! You've come to the right place!

There is a factory service manual for your bike in the download section, you will find it of immense help. Lots of DT400 enthusiasts on the board. You are amongst friends.

I also ride a Valkyrie on occasion and understand the affection for big opposed Hondas Excited

Post up some photos of you enduro project!
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
05 Oct 2014 07:46 #102

Replied by 4eyes on topic Re:And just who do you think you are?

Those are Preston Petty's fenders. likey

I will be taking more photos soon. Right now I have the cases split ready for new bearings and seals, and I am trying to get it back together for the Barber Vintage Festival. :whistle:

I started a build thread in Customs.
Last edit: 05 Oct 2014 13:49 by 4eyes.
05 Oct 2014 09:23 #103

Replied by reyer67 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello I'm Rick. From PA and a Steeler fan.

Anyhow my father passed away and left me his 69 enduro AT!-E. I was sitting for 20 years "inside" or so. I got it running by cleaning the carb and tank and all that stuff. Can anyone tell me, as far as ignition timing, will I need a gauge to go and measure TDC or are there marks I can use to set the timing? I got new points and cond.
Rick Eyer
Last edit: 05 Oct 2014 20:10 by reyer67.
05 Oct 2014 20:09 #104

Replied by kronin on topic And just who do you think you are?

Heyo everyone. Super newbie here, just got my hands on this CT2. It's bogging down in 2nd gear and has no electrical anything going on. I'm tearing it down and cleaning it up. With my limited experience, rest assured I'll be here asking ALL the stupid n00b questions. Thanks for all the resources! Seems like I made it to the right place!

05 Oct 2014 21:06 #105

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Hi Rick! Welcome! To the site!

The AT1's are near to my heart as the was my first enduro, and what got me back into them after 30 years!

We have a factory manual for that bike in the download section, which should have all of the settings you need. We also have a couple of folks with even more experience with these bikes who will chime in for questions.

A dial indicator will make your life better, and can be had pretty I expensively at Harbor Freight.

Post up some pics. Great back story on your project!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: reyer67
05 Oct 2014 21:13 #106

Replied by reyer67 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Thanks for the response. This old white enduro takes me back to when I was a little guy and he used to let me sit on the gas tank and hold on to the short bar on the steering bar. I want my son to feel the same sound, vibrations and smell that pulls me right back to the days with my Dad...
Rick Eyer
07 Oct 2014 15:45 #107

• James Hart
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Supporting Moderator

Replied by James Hart on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello all, what an awesome site this is!!!

I'm 46 and haven't owned a bike since 1992. I started on a rigid frame minibike with a Tecumseh 8hp engine that ate clutches... I had to be about 8 years old. A neighbor with a silver tanked XR75 taught me how to shift when I was 11 or 12 and I quickly had my father talked into letting me use my saved up birthday, holiday, and odd job money to buy a CT1 175 that had the frame reenforced, fiberglass tank&front fender added, and tall fox shocks installed. My friends were all buying YZ80s... so mine was a bit of a massive & unruly relic! I was an almost 200lbs & 6ft tall 12 year old though, so the little bikes my friends had felt like my old minibike.

Anyway, I ended up on an early 70s Norton for a street bike for a few years and one season on a give away KZ400 after the Norton's gears gave out. I relocated that next year and never got around to riding again.

For the last few months I've been thinking about riding again and REALLY want a bigger bore 2 stroke bike for my 9 mile back road commute that will also let me enjoy the local dirt roads and trails here in the Pine Barrens... looking to take my time and restore one from the ground up.
...slowly rescuing ghosts of a 1971 CT1-C and a 1967 Grand Prix 350 YR1
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Blackwidow824
10 Oct 2014 11:10 #108

Welcome! James! You have found a hotbed of two stroke madness here!

Lots of knowledge, lots of international members and great company. Ask your questions and we will do our best to chime in with good answers!
10 Oct 2014 17:00 #109

• James Hart
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Supporting Moderator

Replied by James Hart on topic Re:Re: And just who do you think you are?

Thanks! First question would be... where can I find a dirt cheap basket case with a title? ;)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
...slowly rescuing ghosts of a 1971 CT1-C and a 1967 Grand Prix 350 YR1
10 Oct 2014 19:09 #110

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart