facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

73 RT360 compression

Replied by RT325 on topic 73 RT360 compression

Ok, haven't time to read posts but if it helps it looks like you've missed the guiding pin for the needle jet which points the cut out bit towards the motor--not sideways that i see-- So is pin broken or forced out. You say thick washer missing--Yay--so that's partly why you're getting away with an oversize looking Oring as it's likely not fully in the hole but at the end of the taper lead in bit.
02 Nov 2021 16:42 #51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Enduro nut
  • Enduro nut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Enduro nut on topic 73 RT360 compression

You are correct AKARA this isnt fully stock, I meant just the engine itself excluding carb/filter apologies on the communication error it was a very late night. Any who ive never pulled the nozzle out of this carb but I will be on that first thing in the morning. Im hoping its the wrong nozzle and the guide pin is ok.I wasnt aware that the setter never had numbers on it so a bit of relief there and a great thing to know. The more knowledge the better I wanna be as good as you pros!
I will order up the missing washer and the correct O ring.
Mark I believe I came across an older post from you about revisions which I cant seem to find now but if im not mistaken the E2 would mean its the 2nd revision?You are right on Alan about that being the correct carb for an RT2 and 3. I really appreciate all the help on this guys ive learned a ton with this one especially the carb. This is the only carb ive ever had thats given me so much trouble, normally a good cleaning, new O ring, gaskets and shes good to go. I guess I just been lucky until now.
02 Nov 2021 20:11 #52

• Enduro nut
  • Enduro nut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Enduro nut on topic 73 RT360 compression

Finally got that nozzle out and it was no picnic by any means, someone had it in there wrong. Luckily the guide pin is still there but its shoved to the outisde of the carb i should be able to just tap that back in place. Im pretty pissed at myself for being so careless with this thing because now i have a really small crack where the intake boot wraps around as well as some hair cracks inside but they dont go through the carb body. Take it from me NEVER EVER put a carb in a vice even if you have a ton of rags layed down to soften the blow i knew better but once again my impatience and frustration got the best of me. Heres some pics for everyone to poke fun at, ill have to order me a new nozzle for sure.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325, Sneezles61
03 Nov 2021 09:26 #53

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by adguy2112 on topic 73 RT360 compression

We’ve all done things like this. I’ve broken off float pin towers, stripped pilot jets and all matter of shenanigans. Recently I blew compressed air into the drain hole on a Honda carb and collapsed the brass floats. At least you can likely still use the body. Good luck!
03 Nov 2021 10:21 #54

Replied by RT325 on topic 73 RT360 compression

Gosh, ya getting there slowly. That needle jet you can tap out & pull back in with a long 5mm screw. Wrong thread but can get it in far enough to be safe tapping & pulling.
03 Nov 2021 13:53 #55

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart