facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

yamaha 5LT Restoration

Replied by Noviastar on topic yamaha 5LT Restoration

Did you order a seat yet? The Yl2-g double seat fits nicely with a bit of bracket bending.

you can see my post on seat stuff for pictures and RT325 has a link to the Yl2-g seat i got. Check a similar one for other pictures. make sure you get one where the side mounts are tward the front.
Post link
30 Jan 2020 19:18 #71

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• s900t8v
  • s900t8v's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by s900t8v on topic yamaha 5LT Restoration

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=283269618936&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• s900t8v
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Well I’m very happy. I’ll have to make some custom mounts but dimensionally its very good.

Very happy.

Not many jobs to go to get it to roadworthy state I just have to head down the bolt shop and get a whole bunch of fasteners for it to get all the various bits and pieces on.
1976 Yamaha rAG175
1969 Yamaha L5T
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, KennyV
02 Feb 2020 20:15 #73

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Makotosun on topic yamaha 5LT Restoration

That seat looks great on there. Perfect size and fit! Great choice. I have seen some of those on Ebay and thought they would be great for the right project, and you can't bet the price!
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: s900t8v
02 Feb 2020 22:13 #74

• s900t8v
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Thanks yeah it’s amazing how good quality the stitching is and a plastic moulded base. Crazy good.
1976 Yamaha rAG175
1969 Yamaha L5T
02 Feb 2020 23:18 #75

Replied by Noviastar on topic yamaha 5LT Restoration

oh yay im glad it fits. looks a bit longer than the first one i got. Yay for custom mounting!
03 Feb 2020 09:56 #76

• s900t8v
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

well its been a while since i've had time to work on the l5t, but got stuck into it today, ive had a bunch of parts lying around that I picked up a month or two ago

swapped new grips on, helicoiled the broken R) side mirror hole, jb welded the right side handlebar switch which had a broken casting as well, installed a new 428 DID chain I had lying around, installed a bunch of parts from yamaha including the chain adjusters for the rear wheel and the oil level glass for the oil tank, did a fair bit of wiring, wired the blinkers and tail light and insulated it all, made it up with a few waterproof plugs to make the loom look a bit more professional set up the new levers , tested all the switches and lights - all good, mounted the seat properly, installed new brake shoes, and rebuilt the forks! i'd call that productive :D

few more little jobs to be done like mounting an air cleaner and making new control cables, I need to weld the front guard too and do some panel beating, I also have to modify and weld a gear lever cos the one I bought doesn't fit but getting closer to being able to takei t for a test ride which is exciting

rebuilding the forks was the most fun haha how bent were the tubes! man I cant believe how bent they were I put them in the press and now they're good about 1mm runout which I can live with for a 51 year old bike.

the wiring progress jb weld is goooood someone must have had a pretty big stack! hahah one fork straightened in the press really makes he other one look bad, forks both done and rebuilt - starting to look like a ripper!
1976 Yamaha rAG175
1969 Yamaha L5T
Last edit: 29 Apr 2020 05:18 by s900t8v.
29 Apr 2020 05:09 #77

This message has attachments images.

• s900t8v
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Just chipping away. Doing a few little
Jobs.

Eventually I’ll Sandblast it and spray it properly the oem candy but just wanted to spray up a few things before I get it roadworthied.

Welded the damaged front guard. Made up a gear lever as well

Need to finish fixing up the front skid pan which had bit agricultural bars welded to it. I will also sandblast and paint the cylinder and head cos it just looks terrible haha. Maybe the rear guard too.

The
1976 Yamaha rAG175
1969 Yamaha L5T
07 May 2020 04:55 #78

This message has attachments images.

• s900t8v
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

When I drop the engine for proper rebuild I’ll spray the rest of it. Very cheeky spraying an engine while it’s still together so I won’t be doing that.

Have a non oem chain guard coming. Don’t think oem passes Australian design rules. Definitely not if you want to take a pillion passenger lol.

The keen eyes will see I sprayed a few chrome parts in alloy paint. Yes I agree this is a crime. Eventually I will get everything re chromed and old paint comes off as part of their tanking process so a temporary tidy up only.
1976 Yamaha rAG175
1969 Yamaha L5T
Last edit: 07 May 2020 05:01 by s900t8v.
07 May 2020 04:58 #79

This message has an attachment image.

Replied by mdscott on topic yamaha 5LT Restoration

They are cool bikes, my friend and a YL2C, the first clutch bike I rode was a YG5T.
:likey
Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'03 ST1300
'75 Norton
'73 CB500K
'81 Honda CT110
'87 PW50
'64 McClane Edger
'02 Honda XR70R
07 May 2020 07:12 #80

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart