facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

And just who do you think you are?

12 Mar 2020 12:49
kaos
More
And just who do you think you are? #821
Yes, Goes back to my university days where my friends hung the name on me as I was so of a "high energy" type.
Thanks for the welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Mar 2020 04:33
Dt stu
More
And just who do you think you are? #822
Hi all im stuart from north of brisbane queensland Australia ive got a 1976 dt175 im building and looking for some help with a few things and will give help where i can i dont have any pics of the beasty yet but will hopefully throw one up soon thanks in advance everyone

20 Mar 2020 10:45
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
And just who do you think you are? #823
Welcome!

26 Mar 2020 19:26
Started Young
More
And just who do you think you are? #824
Hi. I'm Paul M. from Zeeland, MIchigan. I'm a 61 year old semi-retired tinkerer. I recently acquired a '76 GT80 that someone painted red and put the tank decals on backwards. They basically turned it into an MX by removing the lights, etc. I wouldn't have known any of this without the knowledge that I gained from this site in the Tech Library VIN info. I also found a '79 "parts bike" that I bought quite cheap that's missing a lot of things.
I've had Yamaha Enduros since I turned 13 in 1971 and bought a JT1. I burned a hole in a piston and once had a wrist pin bearing come apart on that first one, which required learning about them as I had to fix it myself. Since then I've had a 125, two 175s, two 360s, and I still have a '71 DT1E 250. Also have a 72 Honda 250 Motosport. I really enjoy the Enduros because of their simplicity and love working on them again.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post MarkT, 2fishkev, mdscott, JayB, Schu

26 Mar 2020 19:36 26 Mar 2020 19:37 by Schu.
Schu
Collector
Collector
More
And just who do you think you are? #825
Welcome from the other side of Michigan. I mean I am literally straight east from you as far as you can go without crossing the border to Canada. I too am 61 years old and started with a JT. As you can see by my avatar and my signature... I am a severe Enduroholic.

Schu

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950

"Someday, you'll own some Yamahas"
The following user(s) Liked this Post Started Young

26 Mar 2020 19:36
mdscott
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
And just who do you think you are? #826

Started Young wrote: Hi. I'm Paul M. from Zeeland, MIchigan. I'm a 61 year old semi-retired tinkerer. I recently acquired a '76 GT80 that someone painted red and put the tank decals on backwards. They basically turned it into an MX by removing the lights, etc. I wouldn't have known any of this without the knowledge that I gained from this site in the Tech Library VIN info. I also found a '79 "parts bike" that I bought quite cheap that's missing a lot of things.
I've had Yamaha Enduros since I turned 13 in 1971 and bought a JT1. I burned a hole in a piston and once had a wrist pin bearing come apart on that first one, which required learning about them as I had to fix it myself. Since then I've had a 125, two 175s, two 360s, and I still have a '71 DT1E 250. Also have a 72 Honda 250 Motosport. I really enjoy the Enduros because of their simplicity and love working on them again.

Welcome, :OnFire
Yes working on 2S are more gooder, :Buds

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'76 Bultaco 143 Frontera
'06 GL1800
'01 KDX200
74 DT360
75 Norton
73 CB500K
63 C200
87 PW50
64 McClane Edger

04 Apr 2020 18:56
Yamahamadingdong
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
And just who do you think you are? #827
Hey!

I'm new here and stumbled on this forum while looking for help.

I am a fan of bikes, especially Yamahas, and have been since I was a little kid, but never got into riding one. I tried when I was about 12 on a cousin's old honda dirt bike, but they had the hand brake disconnected, I didn't know a foot brake was even a concept, and I definitely crashed into a parked car, bounced off of it, landed on the still spinning tire and footpegs... got pretty jacked up, and never tried again. I got lucky. The tire hit the parked car's tire. The parked car was his neighbors like 1964 Mustang lol. that would have been bad.

I finally decided to try again and got a Yamaha.

I think i gravitate to them from watching Rambo so much as a kid. That's the bike he steals from the dude when he goes on the police chase.

looking forward to seeing more Yamaha related stuff. Everyone around here has Hondas mostly. or Harleys.

that might be why I couldn't find a good Serow, but found like 900 Hondas.
The following user(s) Liked this Post mdscott, darinm

04 Apr 2020 19:28
darinm
Collector
Collector
More
And just who do you think you are? #828
Hey welcome, quite a few of us are Serow fans too, it's amazing how well they hold value for what so many pan as a beginner bike.

What did you end up with, and of course, please show us a picture!

1972 Yamaha CT2 175
1972 Suzuki TS 185 Sierra
2001 BMW F650GS
2006 Yamaha XT225

04 Apr 2020 23:43
Yamahamadingdong
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
And just who do you think you are? #829

darinm wrote: Hey welcome, quite a few of us are Serow fans too, it's amazing how well they hold value for what so many pan as a beginner bike.

What did you end up with, and of course, please show us a picture!

I am a big fan of the Serow when it has the hand-guards on it. I wanted to find a 90s blue/pink one, but couldn't find a good sale. Lots of flakey people on Craigslist.

I ended up with a 1975 Enduro DT175 which I am currently going on an adventure with lighting, in a separate thread here!

I attached a couple of photos. One is the day I got it, one is after I took the original hand grips off (and put some skull ones on), and then with the hand guards on... any modifications I do, I try to avoid messing up the original things. So I saved the old grips for example. Same with the other things I am pulling off.

and then there is also the Serow I would kill someone for. I wish I could find one of those in that exact color setup!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post darinm

05 Apr 2020 01:14
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
And just who do you think you are? #830

Yamahamadingdong wrote: Hey!

I'm new here and stumbled on this forum while looking for help.

I am a fan of bikes, especially Yamahas, and have been since I was a little kid, but never got into riding one. I tried when I was about 12 on a cousin's old honda dirt bike, but they had the hand brake disconnected, I didn't know a foot brake was even a concept, and I definitely crashed into a parked car, bounced off of it, landed on the still spinning tire and footpegs... got pretty jacked up, and never tried again. I got lucky. The tire hit the parked car's tire. The parked car was his neighbors like 1964 Mustang lol. that would have been bad.

I finally decided to try again and got a Yamaha.

I think i gravitate to them from watching Rambo so much as a kid. That's the bike he steals from the dude when he goes on the police chase.

looking forward to seeing more Yamaha related stuff. Everyone around here has Hondas mostly. or Harleys.

that might be why I couldn't find a good Serow, but found like 900 Hondas.

Welcome! from the UK!

Moderators: yamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart