facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by AT6 DRIVER on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello,
Been riding endoros since the mid 70's. Friend had a 360 and that started the adventure. Bought two 360's in the 90's - restored them and sold them both. Bought a DT400 around 1976 and still have it. Bad main bearings has me looking for someone to go through the engine and rebuild it. Been looking for parts and other items as the bike has been used and seen a few mishaps. Drowned- completely submersed in water, countless times laid down and never let me down for an action packed adventure. would swear off never riding it again and than it would sit in the corner of my garage taunting me- come on- lets go for another adventure.
Since one of the mishaps tore off the key and tach, never needed to look for a key and it was ready to go. Never serviced the battery cuz I took it out and never put it back. Ran great without it. Used the kill switch on the handle bar and it was ready to go as long as I had the oil and gas tank full . Sooooo, maybe I can get it running again and have some more fun. The only thing I hated about the 400 is when the compression release did not work properly. Now that is a painful experience and tough on boots.
Scott
1975 DT 400B

If it moves and shouldn't , use duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use liquid wrench.
09 Nov 2014 07:44 #171

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Makotosun on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! to the site but . . . you know what they say!

:Useless
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2014 14:14 by Makotosun.
09 Nov 2014 09:47 #172

Replied by Twister on topic And just who do you think you are?

Heyho from Germany,

I had a blast seeing a Yamaha DT1 on the Gentleman's Ride in Düsseldorf, Germany. Than I was on a job in Madrid, Spain an saw somebody selling a 1972 RT2 in (excuse me - boring) silver near my hometown. Wow, we just had around 100 RT's in Germany, so I sent a good friend to buy the bike. Yeah! The Yammy has 5.500 original km (around 3.400mls) on it. Last time registered in 1977. The condition is OK for this age, but needs some work - of course - but it runs. It was fun just to ride around the block.
That is my first Yamaha enduro vintage bike. I already have some old Mopeds (Simson from DDR), 2 TW 125 (now for sale:) and a Sporty, already customized by myself. Now I have a new winter-project! Till now I don't know if I want to do a "frame off" restoration, or built it in a survivor style, like it is right now. I'm not a man for show and shine conditions, especially on an old enduro bike, so even if I strip it, it will not be a condition 1, after working on it. For registration I need a technical inspection - called TÜV - it needs to be in good technical condition, like new tires, no oil leaks, no rust, pipes not too loud etc. May be you have an advice what I can do. I try to attach some pictures.
Very interesting for me are shops with RT2 parts, where can I get what and which shop has good quality? In Germany you"ll get almost nothing. And of course some hints to make the RT better than before.

So, I'm happy to be here! And I hope my English is good enough...

Greetz
Twister

Last edit: 11 Nov 2014 14:16 by Makotosun. Reason: Fixed the picture embedding I hope.
11 Nov 2014 13:55 #173

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Welcome! To the site! Your RT looks to be in actually pretty nice shape. The rust is only surface it would appear, so should be easy to get it moving!

Keep us posted. There are a lot of places in the US to get parts, and Ebay sellers usually ship internationally. YamBits in the UK is a decent seller too.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Twister
11 Nov 2014 14:18 #174

Replied by type one on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi .... type one from the uk ....DT1's are my thing. 1 resto of an Australian '68 with original bill of sale and supporting documents :-) plus a couple of '69's for resto ..... Just collecting parts for an GYT/mx theme (21" front wheel, high front fender, GYT muffler) and a clean but aged no new paint for the other .... A few photos ;

Aussie resto

This image is hidden for guests.

The two for resto

Cheers
T1
DT1's mainly -
x4 1968 US (survivor, shiny resto, MX frame mods & early project)
1968 AUS
1969 Early B front yard ripper
1969 B scabby track bike
1969 B MX project
73 CT3 project
'77 z750 hard tail chop ......
BMW GSA 2018
12 Nov 2014 13:04 #175

Replied by pntrbl on topic And just who do you think you are?

I opened my mouth and said WOW to my computer! Welcome to the site .....
12 Nov 2014 14:01 #176

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Bluntz465... I can't find the pm link... Please email me

(Edit: I found the pm link email sent)
Last edit: 21 Nov 2014 11:26 by .
21 Nov 2014 11:14 #177

Cheers for the comment pntrbl ....assume it was regarding my first post...

Well the type one stable of DT1's expanded this week with the purchase of an early unrestored '68 from SoCal ... I have been chasing this bike for about a year so really happy I've finally landed it !!

Cheers
type one
DT1's mainly -
1968 AUS
1969 B scabby track bike
1969 B MX project
73 CT3 project
BMW GSA 2018
22 Nov 2014 01:16 #178

Type One - I am assuming from your user name you are a VW person - confirmed by the red Type III in the back ground of the above picture? It is always interesting to me how many VW folks seem to cross over into vintage air cooled motorcycles too!

I have a 73 standard type one project in the hopper (been there quite awhile). :Throttle
22 Nov 2014 04:30 #179

Yep .... Vdubs as well! That's my type 14 ghia 'vert in the background and my collection of alloys.

Great work on the forum .... Found it with a google search....see some familiar names on here like Gfrench & Deet from the XT500 forum which used to be more general early enduro at the start.

I have quite a lot of DT1 literature so hope to contribute to the knowledge pool as and when ....

Cheers

T1
DT1's mainly -
1968 AUS
1969 B scabby track bike
1969 B MX project
73 CT3 project
BMW GSA 2018
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun
22 Nov 2014 05:12 #180

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart