facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by Makotosun on topic And just who do you think you are?

Very Cool! I have a lot of neat XT500 stuff on the way from France - just need some time to get it organized and posted up! If you have PDF files, especially if they are large, just drop them in our large file uploader and I will get them posted up. Content Contributors get a special badge on their forum profile too!

Link to the uploader is on your user menu but the direct link is: yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/user-menu-2/large-file-uploads
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
22 Nov 2014 06:52 #181

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by kartboy5 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi Guys! My name is Randy and I joined your site a couple of days ago! I am an avid Yamaha fan! I have restored quite a few RZV500-RD400 Daytona-1974 YZ125-1973 Honda CR 250R and a few others! Tried to post pictures but didn't seem to work! I just started a 1972 RT1! This one Im going to keep! I love your site!! What a Great source for info! Thanks a lot! I am 58 yrs old, live in Upland,Ca, and am a pilot for American Airlines! Captain on the 757-767 and soon to be on the 787!! Thanks for the site! Hope to figure out how to send pictures!! haha
23 Nov 2014 19:17 #182

Replied by Makotosun on topic Re:And just who do you think you are?

Hi Randy! Welcome to the site!

Pictures are a tad bit tricky, so we posted a couple tutorials! Take a look towards the bottom of the forum here: www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forum/h...e-the-forum-features and see if that helps.

Usually it is a size issue. The hosting co server limits to 2 meg (about 1024x768 pixels) a bit of a pain. Still tying to negotiate with them. Looking forward to your pics. Make sure to explore the whole site! Lots of stuff kinda hidden under the different menus!

Sent via Tapatalk
24 Nov 2014 04:09 #183

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello, I am Josh.

I was given a 1971 Yamaha CT1 175 for my 15th birthday in 1995. Which I rode around as a dirt bike on the outskirts of Las Vegas for about 3 years. Durring a trip to Coral Pink Sand Dunes in southern Utah, my best friend was riding my bike, enjoying the 20 foot roostertails it would send up as we went at a walking pace. Then we heard an awfull grinding noise and the motor seized to a stop.

After pushing it back to camp. I tore it apart and found a nut stuck between the flywheel and engine case. After removing the nut the bike would still not start. The nut had spread the small crack I had in the flywheel. Knowing more now I probably made that crack using a two jaw puller to take the flywheel off instead of the threaded kind.

The bike has sat in a shed since 98 at my friend's house. His dad tried to find a replacement flywheel at swap meets, but the 5 he bought were all slightly off. When his dad put the house up for sale a couple years ago I picked up my bike and put it in my shed. I intended to get it running and quickly found the correct flywheel through the magic of ebay. Then my wife and I had a daughter, then we had to replace the front end on our blazer, then the front end on my dad's truck, and now I am replacing the ball joints and catalytic on our car. Once that is done though I should finally be able to work on the Yamaha.

I love that bike, was a great performer and my first motorized vehicle. I know a LOT more about engines now than back then, but it all started with that bike.

My goals:
1. Get the title
2. Tear it all apart.
3. Replace a rusted bar on the frame and paint the frame
4. Paint the gas tank
5. Clean the rust off the oil tank and paint it or if it's too far gone source a better one and paint it.
6. Recover the seat.
7. Rebuild the shocks and forks
8. Get the yamaha lube system working
9. Redo the wiring, really interested in the performancedynamo 12v conversion as I could then use LED's everywhere.
10. Get my motorcycle liscence
11. Add a couple off road lights
12. build a saddlebag gas carrier to hang some gas cans
13. Do some adventure riding.
14. Get a bigger Yamaha enduro and restore it.

This website is an incredible resource. I will be reading everything on here and will post pictures and progress once my project starts.

Thanks!
24 Nov 2014 08:40 #184

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi people,
My name is Brad I live in Yorkshire in England
And I'm picking up a 1972 yamaha LT2 on Saturday, and I'm very excited about it! It's a while since I had a road going two stroke!!
The wife reckons I'm more excited about this than when I bought my KTM DUKE 990!!
I reckon she's quite right!!!!
I've joined to pick up as much info on this purple smoky beauty as poss!!
The bike originally came from Canada and has only 1100 miles on the clock!!
Regards
Brad
24 Nov 2014 12:26 #185

Replied by M6NTL on topic Re:And just who do you think you are?

Hi Brad. I am a Leicester lad myself, bought a DT3 from DK on need of a 'little winter fettling' - or maybe a lot! The guys on here are SUPER helpful, top dudes. You'll like this forum!

Sent From My Mini Difference Engine
Stay Away From The Guard Rails!
24 Nov 2014 15:01 #186

Replied by Makotosun on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome the site Brad! We are getting a pretty good contingent of UK folks as well as a lot of other international members. Looking forward to watching your project progress!
26 Nov 2014 07:58 #187

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello!

Mike here, Long time 2weelr. Had lots of seats under my bum. I ride everyday time and weather allows.

1968 Bonanza Mini
1969 Honda SL 90 (Looking for one now!!!!)
1968 Yamah DT1 ("Long-term" Borrowed from my best friend)
1973 Yamaha DT3/MX (My First Race Bike, Beaverville, Illinois Summer 1973)
1968 BSA Lightning (Thought I could build a chopper!)
1975 Bultaco 360 Pursang (Amazing when it ran!)
1976 Honda CB 550 (17 year old me, a 75 year old guy and an uncontrolled intersection, need I say more?)
1978 Honda CR250R (Without exception, the finest race bike I ever owned (Looking for one)
1980 Kawasaki KZ 440 (Commuter ride, HEY! at least it's a bike!)
1994 Kawasaki ZR 1100 (Now we're talking)

(Can you tell that the 80's and 90's were family and career years)

2003 Honda CR 250R (Return to MX after a 23 year hyatus, WOW bikes have changed!)
2005 Service Honda CR 500AF (THought a 250 was woosy, This thing was a MONSTER)
2005 Polaris Phoenix 200 Quad (Pit bike)
2006 Honda CRF 450R (Got a racer more in line with my age and abilities)
2008 Honda CRF 450R (Freshening the stable, was a mistake, I liked the 06 better)
1973 Honda CR 250M (First restoration)
2009 Polaris/KTM 450 Quad (Fun to ride)
2008 Kawasaki 700 Quad (For Mama)
2009 Honda SHadow 750 (Hung up the racing boots in 2011, hit the street again)
2009 Victory Pitboss (Mama wanted one!)
2003 Honda VTX 1800 (Couldn't have Mama's bike be faster than mine!)

Current project.
1973 Yamaha RT3

The forum has already been an amazing resource, thanks to all!
26 Nov 2014 08:18 #188

Replied by hx35w on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi everybody
I am Jerry from Georgetown Texas. I have had a passion for bikes sense the late 60s I learned on a 160 scrambler and been hooked there after. In the past few years I developed some health issues that limits me from riding off road. As a hobby I started restoring bikes. I just started a restoration on a 74 mx360 It's in pretty rough condition but worth bringing back to it's former glory. Some of my other finished projects can be seen in my photobucket. Check them out.
s292.photobucket.com/user/hx35w/library/
74 mx360
74 xl70
73 Z1 900
76 CR250M Elsinore
76 TL250
82 CB900C
83 V65 magna
84 Z1100R (Euro)
Love-m all brand loyal I'm not
The following user(s) Liked this Post: bluntz465
27 Nov 2014 19:05 #189

The following user(s) Liked this Post: bluntz465
28 Nov 2014 15:35 #190

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart