facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1975 USA DT 400B stator coil wiring query.

• p.wells
  • p.wells's Avatar Topic Author
Hello to you all,i am a new member and my name is Pete,i love the Yamaha enduros having owned a couple in the 1970s as a seventeen year old lad,now at the age of sixty i purchased my 1975 DT400 from the states a couple of years ago.I have done a complete restoration on it and it is about 80 per cent finished.My problem is the stator ,i had to take the coils off to clean them up and a couple of wires broke off,i was sure that i soldered them back in the right place,but later found i had not got a spark but i did have before i stripped it down.Can any of you Guys tell me which colour wires go to the source coil ,and which colour wires go to lighting coils 1 and 2 the bike is CDI as you will know .Many thanks Guys P.Wells.
27 Jul 2020 12:33 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Blackhat250 on topic 1975 USA DT 400B stator coil wiring query.

Ok,,, the lighting coil= green/red & yellow off bottom, into loom, the pulser [ i meant Soarse ] has a brown,into loom,
,thepick-up has red/white & green white into loom,,[ 3 prong plug with a black]...
If you aint mixin gas " you aint haulin Ass
Last edit: 28 Jul 2020 15:10 by Blackhat250.
27 Jul 2020 12:51 #2

• p.wells

Replied by p.wells on topic 1975 USA DT 400B stator coil wiring query.

Many thanks Blackhat 250,the large coil on left of stator has a yellow wire on the bottom ,so has the green/red wire got to be soldered to the same terminal as the yellow wire. The brown wire does go to the coil on the right hand side of the stator which i believe you called the pulser.
27 Jul 2020 23:17 #3

Replied by RT325 on topic 1975 USA DT 400B stator coil wiring query.

I'm sure we're all on the same page so 'no worries', but i call the brown wire coil the source coil which is where it all starts from. White Red & White Green i call trigger or pulse coil as is what releases the voltage at the right moment. I come from 'down under' so i'm likely to describe things upsidedown lol.
Forgot welcome--so, Welcome.
Last edit: 28 Jul 2020 06:03 by RT325.
28 Jul 2020 06:03 #4

• p.wells

Thankyou RT325 for your input hope we can speak again soon .
28 Jul 2020 10:41 #5

• p.wells

Thank you once again Blackhat 250 you were spot on,when the wires broke off during cleaning i soldered the brown back onto the source coil and i also soldered the green/red to the source coil,that was my mistake.I have now looked at the coloured wiring diagram on this site,and all is clear to see and thanks to you i now have a nice spark.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, RT325, Gr8uncleal
30 Jul 2020 23:04 #6

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart