facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

×

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Want to check the oil pump operation

  • lukeh
  • lukeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • New Member
  • New Member
  • Posts: 5
  • Likes received: 1
I have read what I can find about the autolube system, I think I understand the basic principle. However before I run this motor excessively, I would like to verify that the crank is getting oiled. I have not seen a way to verify that.
Should I just assume that as long as it pushes oil up to the intake that it is also pushing to the crank? I'm not sure I have that much faith 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.



I would also like to see a diagram of the oil lines. I see there is a chain oiler pipe that comes out the back of the transmission. And mine has the line from the pump feeding in to the cylinder directly, not in to the intake.

This is a resto with unknown history, last tag was 1984 and I have no idea if it has run since then. Though it did arrive with plenty of heavy boat style 2T oil in the tank.
28 Sep 2026 08:59 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadmin, Makotosun, DEET, Vinnie, James Hart