facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

×

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT1 CT3 right crankcase compatibility

  • Pete-RT1
  • Pete-RT1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1062
  • Likes received: 1704

CT1 CT3 right crankcase compatibility was created by Pete-RT1

I need to replace the right hand crankcase on my second CT1-C as the original has a crack in the kickstart area and leaks transmission oil.
Am I right in thinking the CT3 case is the same other than using the larger 23mm outside diameter needle bearing (22mm on the CT1).
I have a spare CT3 bottom end that I can take the right hand case off, but I wanted to confirm compatibility before I split that engine.
Also, any thoughts on what might have caused the crack in the first place?
The bike is new to me, kicks over, runs and rides fine, I haven't investigated under the clutch cover yet.
https://

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Yamaha CT1-B The Greenie
Yamaha CT1-C
Yamaha CT1-C The Doppelgänger 2
Yamaha AT1-C
Yamaha CT3 (in bits)
1980 CB250RS (The Project)
2020 Honda CB500X
01 Oct 2026 12:03 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • pabdt
  • pabdt's Avatar
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 875
  • Likes received: 628

Replied by pabdt on topic CT1 CT3 right crankcase compatibility

Both of the CT1 cases I have contain different support structure there (compared to yours) and yet another CT1 I saw has 5 beefed up supports, so Yamaha must have been dialed in to this as a potential concern. If kick error is a thing, then maybe people tend to over kick and push down, so it looks like they added support for that. Also, thats a long lever arm on the back rear mount.
════════════════════════════
1969 Yamaha CT1 175
1969 Yamaha DT1S 250
1973 Yamaha DT3 250
1974 Yamaha DT125A
1974 Yamaha DT360A with SP96 Exhaust
*The End ... Next Up Honda XL 250.


01 Oct 2026 14:11 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadmin, Makotosun, DEET, Vinnie, James Hart