facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT250A Front & Rear Fender

Replied by Enduro nut on topic DT250A Front & Rear Fender

Thats one ugly frankenfender you got there Terry! lol
Last edit: 24 Apr 2020 20:04 by Enduro nut.
24 Apr 2020 19:52 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Schu on topic DT250A Front & Rear Fender

Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
25 Apr 2020 08:36 #12

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Camp3
  • Camp3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Camp3 on topic DT250A Front & Rear Fender

I have some new perspective about my fender..I think I will be happy with condition it is in and be happy its not worse. I appreciate the responses.:)
1976 DT175C
1975 DT100B Kid Trainer
1974 DT250A In Process
1992 FJ1200
25 Apr 2020 12:22 #13

Replied by motojunk13 on topic DT250A Front & Rear Fender

I just bought the front fender on eBay for my dt100. I'll let u know how it is if u havent purchased it yet. Should be here Monday.
30 Jun 2020 16:10 #14

Replied by nhsteve on topic DT250A Front & Rear Fender

I have a set of fenders I got from eBay for a DT360A, that I will not be using as I went the Preston Petty route. I am working up a list and have taken a lot of pics I will be putting up for sale shortly, including a decent tank and oil tank. If you are still in the market for a rear fender, PM me and I will take some photos and send them on. Not concours, but really not bad at all.

Also, re: vapor blasting alloy bits. Doing that does indeed give the parts a lovely finish. I had all the cases, cylinder, head, side cases, etc. of a '74 TX650 vapor blasted. Looks real nice, but be aware- once that is done, there is no (zero!) protection from the elements. I was dismayed to see after a couple of years that some corrosion was starting to creep in. I was able to clean it up sufficiently, but thought to make you aware. My guy suggested coating it with ACF-50. Apparently that will stave off a lot.

For what it's worth. :Buds
03 Jul 2020 11:33 #15

Replied by yamahoper on topic DT250A Front & Rear Fender

Powder coat on my 250A
If your doing much off roading the rear fender cannot handle the weight of the stock tail light.
The fender will start to crack on both sides straight across from the front taillight mount bolt hole.
I have gone to smaller light weight taillights on my off road vintage enduros.

I have gone to a modern replacement on front fenders
the 03 yamaha yz125 has the same bolt pattern (as well as probably most yamaha's) You will need to make the holes larger if you use the 1974 rubber dampeners and washers for mounting

Darn pictures are going sideways again
03 Jul 2020 15:35 #16

This message has attachments images.

Got my front fender installed i like the way it looks and mount holes were spot on. Went with an oem rear fender for my dt100
16 Jul 2020 14:06 #17

This message has attachments images.

Replied by apex on topic DT250A Front & Rear Fender

If you live in a city big enough to support more than one powdercoater, shop around. I'm in the Norcal Bay Area, and there are many to choose from. I've had frame, swingarm and other stuff done for $300-$400, and have had quotes over $500. Place I used most recently was $300, and they did a nice job, but it took almost 3 months :EEEK

I've self-painted frames and was totally disappointed, paint was too fragile...but this was a while ago and I know we have better spraycan products now. But...I'll never self paint another frame, the powdercoat is durable, and since our bikes require regular needed maintenance (they're OLD!), I'll take the durability.
Allrighty Then
The following user(s) Liked this Post: motojunk13
16 Jul 2020 19:43 #18

Great info apex. Im actually in that exact dilema with my xs650 frame. Have been mulling it over as to paint it myself or go get it powder coated. U just sold me on the powder coat.
17 Jul 2020 06:17 #19

Replied by treeves on topic DT250A Front & Rear Fender

I have had my frame, swing arm and a couple of other parts powder coated. The first place I called was 600, the second place I called was 200. The one that was 200 has been coating for years, I am very pleased with the job.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: motojunk13
17 Jul 2020 07:33 #20

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart