facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

AT1C Autolube white priming wheel does not turn

• tennbamaman
  • tennbamaman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by tennbamaman on topic AT1C Autolube white priming wheel does not turn

Thanks for all the comments.  This thing was so locked up that i decided that i would at least open it up to see if something was so rusty that it had it locked up.  With the thin white wheel off and using a strong pick i tried to turn the shaft using the hole the cotter pin sits in.  Will not turn whatsoever.  Metal wheel internally spins freely but does not move shaft that the white wheel connect to.  It really acts like it just free spins.  I have it partially apart.  The cover with 4 screw is removed and parts are disconnected to and including metal gear.  I cannot get the shaft that the thin white wheel connects to to free up and slide out.  I have used rubber mallet and i have knocked it flush with the rubber seal.  I have tried to use a small socket and hammer to drive to drive it out with no luck.   So not only will that shaft not turn, i cant even knock it out.  I think this thing is toast.  I did catch the 2 itty bitty parts that popped out while it was striking shaft with rubber mallet. 
10 Jun 2021 08:33 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tennbamaman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Please see these pics.  Almost looks like shaft is broke.  It surely does not want to come out of that rubber seal. 
10 Jun 2021 11:14 #12

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• tennbamaman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

The uneven end of shaft is made that way as it appears that is what makes the pump piston to go back / forth, and or up / down
10 Jun 2021 11:58 #13

The steel shaft-to-aluminum cylinder clearance is critical.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
10 Jun 2021 12:10 #14

Driving an expanded, rusted steel shaft into the tight, polished aluminum cylinder is going to cause damage.

Pumps and hammers don't mix.

I have never had to resort to pounding one of the shafts out. You remove the rust FIRST, and then the shaft slides out.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: msavitt
10 Jun 2021 12:19 #15

• tennbamaman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

understood and thanks, soaked it overnight in in lubricant trying to free it up.  I have no idea why it would not turn to begin with and or why it does not slide out of that rubber seal.  I'm really not seeing any rust on the internals but something has that shaft locked up.
10 Jun 2021 12:38 #16

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic AT1C Autolube white priming wheel does not turn

Since you don't have much too loose as it is, heres something to try...
Get a 1 quart plastic jar about 3/4's full. dump in say... 4 tablespoons baking soda... Mix it.. 
Now for the science-y side.. Use yer 12 volts-2 amps battery charger... NOTHING BIGGER!!. connect a 12 gauge wire(wrap it?) around the pump and connect it to negative clamp... Now grab a nail... 16 penny and connect a 12 gauge wire(wrap it) to the positive clamp... These wires don't need to be very long.. 8" perhaps?
Put the pump all the way in the solution with the wire acting as a clip on one edge of the plastic jar... 
Take the nail and get it submerged also... and 180* from the other side with the wire clip it... You don't want them to touch... 
Now plug in the charger and allow it to electrically de-rust the metal without etching it... 
My old crappy chains get this method... sometimes it takes overnight.... be sure you have some sort of ventilation... 
When you want to check out the progress unplug the charger and pull the pump out... 
Sneezles61
10 Jun 2021 13:52 #17

• tennbamaman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

very interesting for sure.  i have sprayed a lot of penetrating oil on the inside and i will see what that does.  Soaking the outside overnight did not help, lol.  I have another side cover with attached pump purchased.  At least maye it will be rebuildable if nothing else.  i read and watched a lot of stuff and no one mentioned having trouble getting the shaft freed up.   
10 Jun 2021 14:53 #18

The 3rd pic you posted, showing the oil seal? Take that seal out, you might find more crud and rust under it. Polish the shaft of any rust and debris with that seal out. Really isn't anything left, keep shooting some PB or Kroil or "you're favorite penetrant" in that area and the shaft should then drive out. I would keep trying to turn it first as you have been. 

So you got the tiny tiny pins? 2 of them? Did you get the tiny tiny springs too? Cause there's 2 of them too. 
Allrighty Then
10 Jun 2021 21:40 #19

• tennbamaman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Thanks and i will take the seal out.  And yes, i have the 2 tiny pins and the 2 tiny springs.  Probably got them from more luck than skill, lol.  I had white paper towels underneath that caught them.  If i decide to try to put it back together, im not sure my big fingers will ever be able to get them back in, lol    The only thing that i have found missing was the ball that goes underneath the banjo fitting spring.   It was not in there as i knew to look for it. 
11 Jun 2021 05:24 #20

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart