facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

AT1C Autolube white priming wheel does not turn

for what it's worth, I had Mr. DEET redo my pump and that's the one I put onto my DT360 to insure that my investment didn't melt again.  But I couldn't resist also rebuilding a pump myself, which I successfully did...now I just need to buy another bike to put it on!  But if your in your 50s you had better have surgical suite level lighting and do it all in a ziplock bag because once the pins/springs get air they are gone and your SOL.  I used the smallest possible zip tie to create a loop to retain opposing pins until i got them partially into ID and then snipped the zip tie.  This is a nightmare without proper tooling and might not be worth your time and expense when you could sub this out to an expert, unless of course you are a compulsive tinkerer like me.
11 Jun 2021 08:53 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tennbamaman
  • tennbamaman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by tennbamaman on topic AT1C Autolube white priming wheel does not turn

For sure and im 57 and my eyes are not very good anymore. I will have to use some glasses lol. I really was uncomfortable with sending this one to someone to rebuild since the wheel and or shaft would not turn at all. For DEET it would have probably been easy. I actually have another side cover coming in that i got cheap. It has the pump on it and all pump and tach drive gears. I might get lucky and the pump be good, but surely it will be a better prospect for rebuild as i have not heard any folks say they had issues with shaft turning and or getting shaft free. We will see but i have those little parts inside a ziplock bag. The zip tie is a unique idea. Not sure i will ever get this one completely apart.
11 Jun 2021 09:42 #22

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic AT1C Autolube white priming wheel does not turn

DEET puts them in a time machine, and they come out brand new.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: JimA
11 Jun 2021 10:57 #23

would time machine hold 6'2" 250 lb item?
The following user(s) Liked this Post: JayB
11 Jun 2021 11:43 #24

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic AT1C Autolube white priming wheel does not turn

My guess is that it only works on inorganic and generally chrome-plated items...weighing less than 20 pounds.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

11 Jun 2021 12:33 #25

• tennbamaman
  • tennbamaman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by tennbamaman on topic AT1C Autolube white priming wheel does not turn

I need some time machine work as well, lol
11 Jun 2021 12:35 #26

And BTW, there, msavitt, I would like to say that you have been a wonderful addition to the forum over the last year! I get tired of guys who want help, but then are impatient, never thank anyone when they do get help, argue with us about the help offered, and then never report back on whether the help was useful. You, on the other hand, sir, asked great questions, trusted in the advice you were given, reported back on your successes, asked more questions, got more answers, and built a great bike as a result. And now you are helping to preach to others the gospel according to Yamaha!
You deserve the "Enduroholic of the Year" award. Or "Most Improved Enduroholic" award. Or whatever award you want.
Outstanding! You have our permission to go buy another Enduro, this one in worse shape than the last one you bought!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, 2fishkev
11 Jun 2021 12:48 #27

I've never tried the Time Machine on anything living.

The Bible says we were made from dust.
My guess is... that is exactly what the Time Machine would do to you!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Swoop56, msavitt
11 Jun 2021 13:01 #28

Evapo-Rust + Ultrasonic cleaner = Time Machine
11 Jun 2021 13:33 #29

Why thank you, I was initially hesitant to participate because on MB and BMW sites and even VW I see a bunch of snarky pricks trying to out-prick one another. This site on the other hand is different and I really enjoy the interaction and lightheartedness !  And I love these bikes!Why thank you, I was initially hesitant to participate because on MB and BMW sites and even VW I see a bunch of snarky pricks trying to out-prick one another. This site on the other hand is different and I really enjoy the interaction and lightheartedness !  And I love these bikes!  Check out my Covid collection - on the hunt now for another!  Check out my Covid collection - on the hunt now for another!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
11 Jun 2021 13:54 #30

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart