facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by Scudster on topic And just who do you think you are?

I picked it up from a bike shop that a previous owner restored and traded it in to. It was an import for sure, that I can tell from the ref plate but cant say where from for sure. My guess would be the UK. Any way to tell from the VIN or any region specific parts?
08 Jan 2021 13:27 #1101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by CaseyH on topic And just who do you think you are?

One more picture of my Datsun and back to the Enduro's
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, 1971DT250, KennyV, Westfalia
08 Jan 2021 14:51 #1102

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

The Tech Library is full of useful info, manuals etc (see top toolbar) and in there is a VIN table. Go to the relevant section for your bike and, if your frame (engine will originally have been the same) number is within the numbers shown, it is likely to be a US bike. If not, then European - probably UK, but we are getting a number of German and French imports here now, so not guaranteed.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Scudster
08 Jan 2021 23:32 #1103

Replied by TresCuatros on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi I'm relatively new here. The name's Daniel (33, San Diego CA).
I originally created an account under 'crazyracer' but through a series of injuries and my 33 yr old finally putting to rest my 13 yr old username, I'm now here as 'TresCuatros'. The name needs further explaining and involves a trip to Baja as a super midwestern uni-lingual kid. A story for another time...

Anyway,
I'm the new owner of a 73' DT3 I picked up in October. It was all stock, ran and leaked, and generally was hacked together to keep running for what looks like 30 years. The new goal is to make it a high-caliber street tracker build. Along the way, I'll be designing and building the exhaust, modifying the trail/rake to suit my needs, an generally documenting the heck out of the details so that I can recall it later when I do my next build.

I also have an 04' crf450 I race flat track with and some Yamaha two-stroke scooters I rip around the go-kart track for a cheap smile.
I've documented 1 other build on dotheton.com in addition to this DT3. Take a look there for getting up to speed.
www.dotheton.com/index.php?threads/yamah...arge-ambition.77541/
www.dotheton.com/index.php?threads/crust...2004-crf-450r.77454/
Cheers!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2021 08:08 by TresCuatros.
12 Jan 2021 22:34 #1104

This message has attachments images.

Replied by Rick C. on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome to the forum, three four ! Welcome!
Nice job on the pipe !

and nice driveway artwork !
Last edit: 13 Jan 2021 07:52 by Rick C..
13 Jan 2021 07:32 #1105

Replied by TresCuatros on topic And just who do you think you are?

Thanks!

and haha yea, while I'm in the garage the wife and kiddo like to doddle. Helps cover the oil stains so it's win-win!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
13 Jan 2021 10:04 #1106

Replied by Matthias on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello all! My name is Matt. I’m from central Illinois and work for that rather large insurance company who is “...like a good neighbor...”. I’ve been riding for about 30 years now and decided to take a stab at a rebuild. I love to learn. Everything in life is just a puzzle. It just takes a bit of time to find the right pieces and put ‘em together.

In addition to the old FJR1300 I also own a 1971 CT1C. She was a bit rough when I picked her up, but have slowly been getting her ready for her 50th! I bought if from the original owners family and have the title and all the original paperwork.

The rebuild/restore has been going well. The largest problems to date have been a 2” hole in the gas tank and severely pitted fork stanchions. I have been able to use just about everything factory, while not aiming for an exact factory rebuild.

It should, er, I mean it WILL start coming up here in the spring!

Good to meet everyone! -Matt
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, t-bone, 1971DT250, Gr8uncleal, Schu
Last edit: 16 Jan 2021 12:28 by Matthias. Reason: Add attachment
16 Jan 2021 12:26 #1107

This message has attachments images.

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic And just who do you think you are?

Love the vintage helmet. Was wearing something just like that when I got pulled over by the cops when I was 13. He was unconvinced.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Gr8uncleal
Last edit: 16 Jan 2021 16:18 by Mothersbaugh.
16 Jan 2021 16:17 #1108

Replied by peteyam54 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi, thanks for letting me join, the site looks really useful and friendly. Anyway I'm Pete and based in Kent in the South East of UK. Just bought an old DT250A (as another lockdown project!) that had been imported from the USA. Its a bit tatty but largely complete. I've managed to get it running on pre-mix and it sounds pretty good (which was a nice surprise). I'm planning to restore it but haven't decided to what level yet. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions though for those more knowledgeable than me!! It now sits alongside a small(ish) collection of 70's bikes ranging from a Z1B to a monkey bike. Cheers.
21 Jan 2021 04:03 #1109

This message has an attachment image.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! from Salisbury Pete!

Nice looking bike and the only "issues" that I can see are no indicators and the mirror is on the wrong side! :ROFLOL :ROFLOL :ROFLOL

The rear indicator mounts might cost an arm and a leg, so check out the CMSNL website to see what they look like (I can send photos if they don't have images) and try and find some in "job lot" or "misc" fleabay listings. Also, the indicators themselves were used on many different models, so don't just limit your search to those for a DT250A. Mind you, I might well be teaching granny to suck eggs here!! :Ugh :ROFLOL

I thought that I recognised the backdrop to your photo - I'm currently bidding on that seller's DT3!
Last edit: 21 Jan 2021 05:01 by Gr8uncleal.
21 Jan 2021 04:58 #1110

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart