facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by RustiePyles on topic And just who do you think you are?

New guy (to the forum) Reside in Mission, Ks. MMI grad (way back) Former (professional) motorcycle mechanic. Yamaha nut. Owner of a DT175B and a 1980 XS650.
Fletch

1975 DT175B
1979 XS650
07 Aug 2020 10:57 #1011

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gr8uncleal
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! from the UK.

You're username reminds me of a local band from many years ago, called Dumpy's Rusty Nuts! :ROFLOL
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RustiePyles
07 Aug 2020 11:19 #1012

Replied by Traveldoc on topic And just who do you think you are?

Gday. Steve Cooper from Sydney Australia, Age 63, riding since 16. Owned a lot of bikes (maybe about 40??) and still have about 10 of them. Ducati 1098, Hayabusa, Suzuki DRZ, Montesa/Honda trials bike, diesel Enfield, Guzzi Falcone project, DT230 etc etc.
Long ago had an IT125G which was great when I weighed about 30Kg less than now!
Mid 1980s had a brand new DT200L which I still say was my favourite bike of all time. So versatile, fun to ride and easy to repair. It finally died at 35000 Km which was a lot considering the abuse.
Currently the DT230 is used as a mini-motard every day runabout. Good but knackered R suspension hard to replace.
My reason for joining this user group: Just bought a 1982 IT465. A bit shabby but complete. Has not run for 20 years. Fingers crossed.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Tex
09 Aug 2020 01:47 #1013

Replied by KJB on topic And just who do you think you are?

Gday. Steve Cooper from Sydney Australia, Age 63, riding since 16. Owned a lot of bikes (maybe about 40??) and still have about 10 of them. Ducati 1098, Hayabusa, Suzuki DRZ, Montesa/Honda trials bike, diesel Enfield, Guzzi Falcone project, DT230 etc etc.
Long ago had an IT125G which was great when I weighed about 30Kg less than now!
Mid 1980s had a brand new DT200L which I still say was my favourite bike of all time. So versatile, fun to ride and easy to repair. It finally died at 35000 Km which was a lot considering the abuse.
Currently the DT230 is used as a mini-motard every day runabout. Good but knackered R suspension hard to replace
My reason for joining this user group: Just bought a 1982 IT465. A bit shabby but complete. Has not run for 20 years. Fingers crossed.

Welcome from another Aussie. Diesel Enfield sounds pretty interesting , being a lover of most things Diesel and different.....
KB ( Australia)
'69 Yamaha DT1 S
'71 Yamaha DT1 .................................. '70 Suzuki T350
'72 Yamaha AT3 . ................................... '73 Suzuki T500
'86 Yamaha DT175 ..................................'68 Fuji Rabbit Hi Super 90
'06 Yamaha PW50
'94 Yamaha TW200

09 Aug 2020 02:20 #1014

Replied by Traveldoc on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hey KJB
My brother has a TW200 that he rode across the Simpson Desert (I was on Honda CRF250L). Go-anywhere machines.
Looks like quite a collection you have there. Had an AS3 125cc many years ago that I paid $90 for with rego!
The Enfield is 1971 Indian build with Lombardini Italian pump engine. Terrible performance but extraordinary miles per gallon.
09 Aug 2020 04:33 #1015

Replied by Rick C. on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi Mariah and welcome from sunny So.Cal !
The Tech Library up above has a service manual for that bike. I use it for the " Greenie " project we have here, in my shop.
Since we don't know what part of the world you are in, I can only guess it's a USA bike.
Anyways, take a ton of pictures and post some up and ask a bunch of questions too.
Let's get that bike going !!!
09 Aug 2020 10:02 #1016

Replied by Older than Dirt on topic And just who do you think you are?

Wow, nice site..... found this site while looking for some Yamaha information. I'm trying to fix up a fairly rough 79 GT 80 for my 10 year old son. We live between Houston and Austin Texas.
I have already found myself some tasty manuals.....Thanks to those whom uploaded them!

I worked for a Yamaha shop in the mid '70's and again from '83-'87, so I have some cobwebs in my mind from old times. Yes, I'm an old dad with young kids.... :)

I'm a big fan of all things Yamaha. I believe in their quality.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Badger52
Last edit: 09 Aug 2020 17:39 by Older than Dirt.
09 Aug 2020 17:38 #1017

• Gr8uncleal
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! from the UK.

Yes, this is a great forum with really friendly and helpful members - I would have been stuffed without them! :EEEK
10 Aug 2020 00:33 #1018

Replied by crazyracer on topic And just who do you think you are?

New from San Diego.

I race a modern 450 honda DTX in the amateur ranks in SoCal. I also have a 450r I did a cases-up rebuild and complete chassis refresh for MX.
For my next bike, I'm looking at DT 250's and 360's as a possible option. I'm excited to get into 2-stroke pipe building and porting. Should be a fun street-tracker build once I'm done.

I'm 32. Used to race Honda Trx 250r 2-stroke ATVs in the 2000's. Now I just like building stuff in the garage.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
10 Aug 2020 15:50 #1019

Replied by shamrock157 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Started my MX racing back in 1973 on a mini enduro .
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, mdscott, JayB
10 Aug 2020 17:25 #1020

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart