facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1975 DT250 coming back home soon....

• Rimneck
  • Rimneck's Avatar Topic Author
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Steve F, RT325
07 May 2019 03:58 #41

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rimneck

Replied by Rimneck on topic 1975 DT250 coming back home soon....

Almost 2 years since I brought it home. Sitting patiently in my shop waiting for me to get back to it. Hoping by summer I can have it going again.
13 Jan 2021 07:34 #42

• Rimneck

On a whim today I dumped a gallon of fresh gas in the empty tank and decided to give it a kick for the first time in a year or so. Choke on, kick 2x and it hits. Choke off, kick 2-3x and it wanted to run but smothered out but backfired & died. Kicked like crazy and it’s flooded. Dried plug and cylinder, repeat this exact story 3 more times and it starts! Held a steady 4K rpm for a bit, rev it 5-6k sounds pretty good. Almost got it back down to idle then it backfires and dies. I quit on it after that and drained the gas back out. 

I need some help on where to look. Points? Timing? Coil? Gas tank is 100% clean and good flow through petcock. Carburetor clean (float may need slight adjustment as it drips out overflow). New boots on both sides of carb. New plug(s) several times. Ideas please. 
05 Jun 2021 19:19 #43

• Rimneck

Wow, over a year since I even sat on this! I look at it daily in the garage, but that's as much effort as I've put into it. Really need to get back on this thing soon - deserves to be ridden again!
27 Apr 2022 07:54 #44

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart