facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT400 1976 UK Ignition Switch

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic DT400 1976 UK Ignition Switch

I will say... get some contact cleaner... Spray it and put it through its paces.. and repeat... If the contacts as you said, takes a few minutes to engage.. Its quite possible the thing is full of gumpucky...
Sneezles61
28 Dec 2021 13:18 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hatrick1960
  • hatrick1960's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by hatrick1960 on topic DT400 1976 UK Ignition Switch

Well, I'm feeling pretty stupid now......

The key did have a very, very slight bend in it so I've straightened it and it has improved conciderably.

I guess now I need to source a new key - where in the uk is the best place to get one?

Thanks everyone.
29 Dec 2021 01:09 #12

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic DT400 1976 UK Ignition Switch

"Well, I'm feeling pretty stupid now......"

Don't.

These things aren't immediately obvious and the various solutions offered may well help others with similar issues who read the posts.

There are a few UK sellers of repro keys on fleabay and all they need is the key number and approximate year of the bike. Your local dealer should be able to arrange the same service, albeit at a slightly higher cost.

If you want a genuine Yamaha key, then blanks are still available. Bear in mind, though, that there are a number of different templates. I do have a table of which key number = which template = which Yamaha part number, but its current style or format prevents me from uploading it on to the forum. 
29 Dec 2021 01:40 #13

Replied by Pete-RT1 on topic DT400 1976 UK Ignition Switch

Search ebay for "yamaha key 1234", "1234" being substituted for your lock number.
I picked one up that way for one of my bikes, it was about £5.
Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Yamaha AT1-C
Yamaha CT3
1978 Yamaha DT175MX
2020 Honda CB500X
29 Dec 2021 07:27 #14

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart