facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Need Input on Swingarm clearance

• pabdt
  • pabdt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by pabdt on topic Need Input on Swingarm clearance

Notes:

The Service manual indicates 0.04" or 1mm for swing-arm left to right clearance.

Use a "SHIM" to decrease clearance. A shim is shown in the Yamaha parts source below.

Use a "SPACER" to increase clearance.

After powder coating my swing-arm and adding new bushings, I ended up with
Clearance = 0; This resulted from newer bushings that were slightly thicker and most of the clearance from the added thickness of the powder-coat.

I modified a steel "machine" washer from ACE Hardware that measured 13.02mm x 22.21 x 1.21mm and ended up with
21.90mm x 16mm x 1.21mm

The stock swing-arm bushing is 21.95 mm OD and the swing-arm bolt OD is about 15.80mm.

Clearance is slightly higher than spec, no movement detected, but the swing-arm moves freely.
After the bike has some miles on it, can revisit this clearance. assembly continues...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

74 DT 360 ... resto in progress.
Last edit: 23 Oct 2020 12:45 by pabdt.
23 Oct 2020 12:41 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart