facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

No clutch.

• Don Dieago
  • Don Dieago's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

No clutch. was created by Don Dieago

If Im remembering right the clutch rod is not removable from clutch basket side right?
clutch almost feels like rod missing. I ran into this very problem on my 400 and on this one I had about 20 friction plates and measured the thickest 7 of the lot and rolled with them. On the 400 clutch works perfect except when cold has to warm up and have to work clutch few times to get oil between plates is this normal on the 75 and 6? Ball is in too
Last edit: 11 Dec 2019 22:24 by Don Dieago.
11 Dec 2019 22:06 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Wessi on topic No clutch.

Not really sure, if I understood what you mean.If it feels like there is no rod, the lever, who pushes the rod could be worn . My rod grooved very deep in the metal of the lever. You could try to adjust it with the screw behind the left side cover, which is hold by the 17mm nut. This screw pushes the lever up or down to adjust the clearance to the push rod.
13 Dec 2019 09:55 #2

Replied by RT360Fan on topic No clutch.

Hmmmm... several things come to mind. You say it feels like no clutch rod, but it's there. They could be worn, the ball puts indents on the clutch rods over time. You may need to split the cases to get the inner clutch rod out. A worn clutch actuating rod or its bearing could also be the culprit. The stickiness when cold could mean that the springs are worn, also may need new plates, or simply fresh oil and a good spirited ride. Have you checked the clutch basket 'ears' for wear? Could cause a sticking clutch too.
Last edit: 13 Dec 2019 12:02 by RT360Fan.
13 Dec 2019 11:57 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart