facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Reed valves and recommended fuel

• Zjohnson878
  • Zjohnson878's Avatar Topic Author

Reed valves and recommended fuel was created by Zjohnson878

This may be a silly question but here goes... Can the reed valves in a 75 DT400 be installed upside down? If so would it cause an issue? The manual didn't really show much on the subject and both sides of the reeds look identical. I just replaced the intake manifold/rubber carb boot. Also what kind of fuel do you guys run in these old Enduros? Ethanol free is hard to come by where I'm at so I've been using 93 octane with yamalube 2 stroke/injector lube or Honda 2 stroke injector/premix oil. Any help is appreciated!
My current children...
1975 Yamaha DT400b
1982 Yamaha Seca 650 XJ650
1973 Yamaha RT3 Enduro 360
2020 Yamaha MT-07
09 Sep 2019 10:51 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RacerClam on topic Reed valves and recommended fuel

Your safe on the reeds , either way is good. Fuel is another topic , But on a stock low compression engine pump premium is fine , a good synthetic oil ( red line is my preference ) will prevent the problems ethanol if i premix form

Rich
racerclam
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Zjohnson878
09 Sep 2019 11:07 #2

• Zjohnson878
  • Zjohnson878's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Zjohnson878 on topic Reed valves and recommended fuel

Much appreciated! That's kind of what's fun about these old bikes. You gotta tinker around with them and tune them. Not like the newer bikes that just start and go with little or no maintenance.
My current children...
1975 Yamaha DT400b
1982 Yamaha Seca 650 XJ650
1973 Yamaha RT3 Enduro 360
2020 Yamaha MT-07
09 Sep 2019 15:14 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart