facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Holed piston

Replied by liferbiker on topic Holed piston

If there is "questionable" engagement between head of fastener and wrench spanner or socket, try this trick: Look at tool, see how there is a rounded edge before there is positive engegment of tool to fastener? Grind that shit flat! Keep it cool so as not to lose hardness. Even highest quality tools have that "roll", I have 1 of every size that way, even Snap On's which I use in critically normally overtorqued (such as valve adjustment nuts) fasteners. Try it, you will think its new again as your tool is as engauged as much as it can be.
07 Sep 2019 22:49 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gr8uncleal
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Holed piston

+1

My DT360 is the same and I raised the query here as well!

Whilst what MarkT has said will be correct, who knows what the original nuts might have been replaced with over time and it is these that you have to deal with now. I reckon that there were at least 2 different sized heads on the equivalent nuts on my DT360.................!!
07 Sep 2019 23:58 #12

• wayno
  • wayno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by wayno on topic Holed piston

Borrowed a couple of sockets, 12mm and 13mm, 12 went easily to the top of the nut but not sit on the nut, too small, 13mm was too thick to fit the access hole, then remembered that I have a small socket set that has 13 as it's biggest. Dropped that down on an extension and fitted ok but the wrench is to "weak" to crack the nuts. Tried a 12mm from same set to confirm that it's not 12mm. Going to look for something else.
08 Sep 2019 09:45 #13

Replied by darinm on topic Holed piston

We never know what previous owners did, it can't hurt to see try SAE sockets for fitment too, since you're really just looking for the most snug fitting six sided socket.
1972 Yamaha CT2 175
1972 Suzuki TS185 Sierra
2000 Suzuki RM100
2003 BMW F650GS
2009 Yamaha WR250R
2013 Yamaha XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: wayno
08 Sep 2019 12:05 #14

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart