facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Re-installing autolube pump springs.

• vfrf2
  • vfrf2's Avatar Topic Author
I have a 73 CT3 and I've disassembled the oil pump and was wondering if there is a trick to get the pin return springs and worm wheel pins back together on the worm wheel/shaft?
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 1971DT250
Last edit: 16 Nov 2020 04:38 by vfrf2.
16 Nov 2020 04:11 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vfrf2

Replied by vfrf2 on topic Re-installing autolube pump springs.

Ignore. I got them on, a real pain...but they done.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 1971DT250, RT325
16 Nov 2020 09:12 #2

Replied by 1971DT250 on topic Re-installing autolube pump springs.

Can I send one to you?
The hours spent riding my Enduros is not deducted from my life span.
16 Nov 2020 14:13 #3

• vfrf2

Ha! 2 hours...3 times I lost, but found the pins that flew out. Must have flown out 10 times in the bag I was working in. Massive amounts of 4 letter words.
16 Nov 2020 18:43 #4

Replied by JimA on topic Re-installing autolube pump springs.

Like others have said it is a pain, but keep at it and you will get it.

Jim
16 Nov 2020 20:37 #5

• vfrf2

I wonder how many different techniques there are? I tried putting both pins in at the same time, then sliding the wheel on. That wasn't cutting it so, I put them in 1 at a time. I put both springs in first, then on the side of the shaft where there is a "lip" is, I started the pin and slowly moved my finger away and slid the wheel on. For the second pin, I slid the wheel off of the shaft just enough so that the hole was exposed on the side of the shaft where it's kind of cut away. I was able to ever so slightly tilt the wheel to expose the other hole. It's easier to get a pin on that side and slide the wheel on. Another trick was turning the wheel far enough so that the pin would slide down into the hole. Every time I tried with it sticking out slightly in the recess on the wheel, it would fly out. Like you said, if you stick with it...you'll get it. Patience.
17 Nov 2020 04:28 #6

Replied by JimA on topic Re-installing autolube pump springs.

I’m sure people have come up with different ways of getting them both in. I can’t remember exactly how I got them in. I remember after about an hour and a half of trying I finally figured out a way of holding everything and was able to get both pins in.

But when I did get them in, I took the assembly out of the clear bag I was using while I worked on getting the pins in. I started moving it back and forth watching the pins move in and then I’m not sure what I did exactly but one of the pins flew out. I spent the next 20 – 30 minutes on my hands and knees looking for the pin. Lucky enough I found it. At least it didn’t take too long to get everything back in place.
Once I got it back together, I didn’t mess with it, I installed it into the pump housing with out taking it out of the clear bag.

Jim
17 Nov 2020 22:07 #7

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart