facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1969 Yamaha L5T

Replied by Ht1kid on topic 1969 Yamaha L5T

BG there’s one listed on EBay in Wisconsin 
23 Sep 2023 18:41 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by run103 on topic 1969 Yamaha L5T

I am in Swift Current sk  and I have a complete L5 running  The choke thumb lever is broken other than that all is good  electrical system all works including signals and horn It has the original seat  and the chrome rear rack,  
2500 bucks  Doug

24 Sep 2023 22:58 #12

Replied by run103 on topic 1969 Yamaha L5T

HERE ARE PICSHERE ARE PICS 
11 Oct 2023 16:45 #13

Replied by RT325 on topic 1969 Yamaha L5T

Every model of 80cc or 100cc from the very first model in the early "60's if a trail bike!! [like we sold as farm bikes] all have very tame cylinder porting & rotary valve duration compared to the road version of the identical motor [motors].
Road versions went like a rocket.
The only time that comment fails is when we got one lot of road 100's imported from Taiwan [yamy 100 L2G] & had a locking fuel cap plus the end of the muffler was angle cut [call it slash cut]. Those things were snails compared to previous year & customers complained so i suspect the motors were in trail configuration.
Sorry that's not solving anything on this post but thought i'd throw it in.
Oh--& burn out the exhaust & check the port right up to the piston as can grow carbon in there too.
Many a small motor in the old days we had to remove carbon right at the piston at the port edge.
Funny story [well maybe not funny] but we had an old guy on a YG1T who was a bit different but a nice old guy.
He had a small church built on the back of his 80cc Landscout. He'd travel the country preaching & spreading 'the word'. I'm not knocking that & sort of admired him in my own way & i'm sure there was a life story there.
Anyhoo-- he'd called in once a year to work, or maybe longer duration [Yamy shop].
This particular time it would barely dragged itself down the road & exhaust plus up the port was chokka with carbon.
So after fixing that [& probably unsticking piston rings]. When he headed off he damn near had the front wheel off the ground as used to giving it full song & getting knowhere. Wonder what happened to him.
Just to add. All our models were magneto ignition so no starter generator or electrical charging drag going on.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid
Last edit: 11 Oct 2023 19:52 by RT325.
11 Oct 2023 19:47 #14

Replied by BG Gruff on topic 1969 Yamaha L5T

There were a couple like that running around town and up in bush where I grew up in British Columbia.  I equated that tank shape with the street bikes, but really liked the wider, more flat version on my bike.  In our town you were basically a Yammie (zing zing) fan or a Honda rider.  That was what we had for dealerships.  There were a way more Yamaha's.  Mostly RD250 and RD350 cc street bikes.  A few BSA's and Triumphs that no one took seriously- they could not keep them on the road.  The guys that bought a Honda Four when they arrived were pretty disappointed when they found that the RD's could wax their....Anyway, I traded my L5T for a Kawasaki A7 350 Avenger.  Big mistake.  The Avenger was really, really quick and fast, but it did not corner worth a darn, and I lived in a world of corners.  It did not like the logging roads to my fishing holes either.I still long for that L5T.  One day soon...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
Last edit: 13 Oct 2023 01:32 by BG Gruff.
13 Oct 2023 01:19 #15

Replied by BG Gruff on topic 1969 Yamaha L5T

What colour?  Mileage?  Pictures?  I am new here, is thee a way to private message an email or phone number?
13 Oct 2023 01:36 #16

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart