facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

The longest AT1 build ever (probably) 1st time enduro owner!

Hey guys, thought I might as well say hello ( yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/fng-...-guy-1970-at1#107036 ) since I'm going to be staying for awhile. I'm sure the questions will start soon, actually I have a lot of questions but I don't want to wear out my welcome. So jus pics of the bike for now.

1970 AT1 12volt
The following user(s) Liked this Post: JayB
30 Jun 2020 21:01 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Seats in decent shape i think. Fenders have a little bit of light rust, rear sprocket chewed up.
30 Jun 2020 21:03 #2

Throttle cable full of crab, cracked fin on head. Crack in the ignition coil, hope its ok.
30 Jun 2020 21:06 #3

Wire harness worries me as im guessing the kid cut it open and that's what all the tape is for. I'll be google image searching the wiring connections before I come bug you guys. Figure i better start there before even thinking about a cdi or 175, or zinc plating everything ii see etc..

But that's it, that's my bike!

Thanks
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 2fishkev
30 Jun 2020 21:10 #4

So finally got spark last night, so I decided to take the carb apart. Had a bunch of what looked like wet sawdust

The sonic cleaner didnt really do much so i made one od them soda blasters and it seemes to work pretty good

Some pitting but I think thats ok. That brass tube and the outlet were plugged full of dried oil dirt or something. Long soak and lots of air and got it cleaned out.
02 Jul 2020 20:53 #5

Now i have a real question, these 2 holes let air pass straight to the outside on either side of the carb. Is that normal or is there supposed to be a ball valve or something there?

These two holes

I can blow air all the way through to these holes

That normal or no?

Thanks
02 Jul 2020 20:56 #6

Yes, that's normal. Bowl chamber vents. Plug those off, and your carb will overflow from every single orifice.
Allrighty Then
02 Jul 2020 23:11 #7

02 Jul 2020 23:36 #8

So all my cables were stuck, so tonight i decided to try to clean them up. I think the clutch cable is ok but the throttle cable at the grip is busted and the oil pump cable was busted.
Long story short, took off the RH cover and the gear for the oil pump spins ok, but the cam the cable goes to wont move at all. That normal? Cable provides enough leverage to turn that and i just have weak grip strenght?

That normal? I think its deet that rebuilds pumps? Behind the oil pump cover had a bunch of dirt in it and the speedo cable didnt want to come willingly out of the gear.

Other than that i think in my uninformed opinion that the clutch pack(without taking apart) and all the gears look ok. No bad backlash or metal shavings or anything.

Little bit of water when i drained the oil.

Isn't there a seal that likes to come out over here or is that on the other side? Anyways off to search/read

Thanks
03 Jul 2020 23:04 #9

Looks like you’re doing a good job so far. I think I’d take the clutch pack apart and do the maintenance there since you’ve got it apart this far. Make sure everything is in spec, etc.
it took me 6 years to redo my first bike, a Dt125a. Lots of reading here and stop when I wasn’t sure about how to go about things. Ran out of parts money a few times too. Good luck.
PS. It is DEET that does oil pumps among other things. Nice work and a great piece of mind when you hook it back up!
Last edit: 04 Jul 2020 06:04 by 2fishkev. Reason: PS
04 Jul 2020 05:58 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart