facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: clutch actuator)

• RT325
03 Feb 2021 14:27 - 03 Feb 2021 15:19
Poor old thing. It's a mixture motor i never did fully finish as no clutch actuator or mag cover & no kickstart. I had originaly run it down the road & it fair turned on but can barely remember it now thanks to more head injuries lol. Anyway, had a clutch actuator off an RD350 or similar. Wasn't looking forward to making something but thick alloy mount is strong & works perfect. New madeup cable & the actuator is a 4 start so not sure if that makes it lighter but is nice. I'll tidy up the mess oneday so it looks respectable. Then had to make a kickstart to miss the folded up footrest & swing arm bolt & brake pedal stop to get a good swing. Have some good arc rods for things like that. So that works perfect.
Motor by the way ihas a 360 crank & DT1MX top end so whatever 70x70 makes in cc. Carb looks like a 32 or 34 of a TS400, They have the long mouth for the filter hose.. Had to space the cylinder up 6mm for stroke difference but looks like 5mm plate under it & sort of remember juggling the ring 'just' appearing in the inlet port at bdc so probably compromised or took a mm of the piston crown, cant remember. Cylinder needed boring i know. Anyway, she started & sounded angry lol. So did a couple of laps down the road & its damn scary. Seem far quicker than it should be. Frame is R5 350 from 1970. Has long stroke type power pretty much pulling from nothing but turning on more & more with no limit so could blow at any moment. Pretty high geared too. Front brake works good too which nearly caught me out grabbing a handfull like my DT1. 

Poor old thing. Id a mixture motor i never did fully finnish as no clutch actuator or mag cover & no kickstart. I had originaly run it down the road & i fair turned on but can barely remember it now thanks to more head injuries lol. Anyway, had a clutch actuator off an RD360 or similar. Wasn't looking forward to making someting but thick alloy & strong & works perfect. New madeup cable & the actuator is a 4 start so not sure ifthat makes it lighter but is nice. I'll tidy up the mess oneday so it looks respectable. Then had to make a kickstart to miss the folded up footrest & swing arm bolt & brake pedal stop to get a good swing. Have some good arc rod for things like that. So that works perfect.
Motor by the way ihas a 360 crank & DT1MX top end so whhatever 70x70 makes in cc. Carb looks like a 32 or 34 of a TS400, they have the long mouth for the filter hose.. Had to space the cylinder up 6mm for stroke difference but looks like 5mm plate under it & sort of remember juggling the ring appearing in the inlet port so probably compromised or took a mm of the piston crown, cant remember. Cylinder needed boring i know. Anywat, she started & sounder angry lol. So did a couple of laps down the road & its damn scary. Seem far quicker than it should be. Frame is R5 350 from 1970.
  • MarkT
09 Jan 2021 07:50
Replied by MarkT on topic 1975 DT250B Clutch cable woes..!!
Early models have the worm gear actuator in the side cover.

1974-1976 250/360/400 have the actuator underneath the engine.

1977 on (monoshock aka "MX" in some countries other than the US) had the lever on top.

Rather than scrounging for a used or poorly made reproduction you might try buying the cable new from Yamaha?

www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/363-26335-03-00

CMNSL - www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-dt250-1975-usa_mode...reclutch_3632633503/

Good luck and hope you are up and running soon!
  • Andy L
09 Jan 2021 01:30
1975 DT250B Clutch cable woes..!! was created by Andy L
First of all HNY to all members and moderators.
I am looking for a new clutch cable for my '75 DT250B. Simple swap you would think, but after buying (and then returning) no fewer than 3 already I'm stuck..!! They always come up too short. At worst 120mm or at best only 40mm short, either way they have all been too short. Outer cable adjustment isn't the answer because it only gives a variation of roughly 25mm max. Nether is the routing of the cables I've tried as I have a detailed service manual showing exact cable route. My old clutch cable is totally knackered such that I can't even use the various 'components' on it to make my own cable from scratch. Yamaha changed the position of the clutch rod actuator arm from the top of the engine to the bottom for the 1975 B models. The critical measurement seems to be the inner wire length which is 1260mm nipple to nipple on my old cable. Even accepting this has stretched over the years I still need an inner wire length of minimum 1235mm. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a supplier please? I know one option would be to buy a whole short cable and use it's components to 'build up' a new cable using a kit, but surely before going down this path there must be a supplier somewhere? I'm located in the U.K. but if necessary I'd consider taking a hit on the cost of P&P + import tax from the U.S.A. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks AndyL.
  • MarkT
03 Jan 2021 16:38 - 03 Jan 2021 16:39
Replied by MarkT on topic The Beauty DT3 and the Beast DT1
Got lucky... only took a few seconds searching "aftermarket clutch actuator DT1"

www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/...restoration?start=10

yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/cust...-race?start=40#52555

I know there were a few more.... but those are a good start.
  • MarkT
03 Jan 2021 16:03
Replied by MarkT on topic The Beauty DT3 and the Beast DT1
That clutch actuator must have been an aftermarket part... has shown up on the forum several times.
  • 1971DT250
16 Dec 2020 16:04
Replied by 1971DT250 on topic DT2 Clutch Actuator mod

Post a picture. I discovered in my past research and buying parts that Yamaha had a different actuator with a different offset for one of the early 650 designs.
  • Bartman512
16 Dec 2020 14:48
Replied by Bartman512 on topic DT2 Clutch Actuator mod
So I received my XS650 clutch actuator, machined the hole to 1'' to fit the new part in the cover and it fits nicely only thing is the arm that the cable hooks on to is bent the opposite direction, which pulls the cable at a extreme angled position to push the clutch rod. Im wondering if you guys bent the arm the opposite direction? it seems like a pretty heavy gage steel bracket
  • MarkT
15 Dec 2020 17:27
Replied by MarkT on topic DT1 Crankcase Question

Pretty sure they are stock covers that have been sawed off... "Race bikes" had exposed sprockets.
  • Midlife Motor
15 Dec 2020 06:44
Replied by Midlife Motor on topic DT1 Crankcase Question
Regarding the shorter clutch actuator/sprocket cover, this bike has a smaller one that I've seen on several bikes. Were these an aftermarket part?
  • Bartman512
04 Dec 2020 05:05
Replied by Bartman512 on topic DT2 Clutch Actuator mod
I just ordered one from 2fast moto for a XS650 that supposedly will work with some modification
Displaying 211 - 220 out of 275 results.