facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by hackman101 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Thanks for letting me join. This appears to be a valuable resource for this line of bikes, just so happens I have had 2 over the course of almost 50 years. My first bike was a 1972 DT-250, I loved that bike. rode it wheels off rebuilt the top end numerous times reach the maximum rebores, bought an MX jug and piston to start fresh again, changed gearing at the sprockets and modified the chassis for a lower center of gravity. Had it stolen once and reclaimed almost a year later. Then sold it for some reason I cannot remember. A few years later I started hearing a bike in the distance driven by a kid of one of the neighboring farms and got me aching for another bike. That ended up being a 1973 MX250 that wasn't running properly. Found out after pulling the reed block that the reeds were loose. Tightened them up and bingo! Ran fine, until it set for too long over the winter and found a mouse nest in the air filter. That was about 35 years ago. I haven't let the piston move since then so no mouse crap would fall into the bottom end, so I hope. So marriage, kids, life in general, hard times and now to the point were there are a few spare bucks to start this thing back up as a project. If it doesn't need a bottom end job, it does need shocks, gas cap, and a few other things that are easy to find
1973 MX250
Past rides 45 years ago (and longer)
1964 Honda 50cc C110
1960s Yamaha 65cc scooter
1960s Honda 65cc w/ 90cc engine mashup
1971 DT1-E modified to MX kinda...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid, Jack, Sneezles61
05 Sep 2021 00:03 #1181

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

from Salisbury, UK.

Judging from your intro, you've probably sussed that there are various manuals available in the Tech Library.

The CMSNL and Partzilla websites are also useful for parts and points of reference.

Don't forget to post some photos! 

05 Sep 2021 00:41 #1182

Replied by hackman101 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Thanks, and yes I seen the manuals that are available. I have not yet looked them over. I have ordered one online for the purpose of replacing the fork seals that are leaking, but that was ordered 2 days ago before I seen that you may have something on site. I see there is a ton of info on this site to discover. I will not clutter up the new intro anymore and post something as a new topic in the way of pics and info requests
1973 MX250
Past rides 45 years ago (and longer)
1964 Honda 50cc C110
1960s Yamaha 65cc scooter
1960s Honda 65cc w/ 90cc engine mashup
1971 DT1-E modified to MX kinda...
05 Sep 2021 09:48 #1183

Replied by Dimundking on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hello from Texas!  I have a 1979 DT 175, 2017 CRF250L, and 2015 KLR 650.  The DT should arrive in the next few days.  I rode one growing up in Mississippi and finally found a good one.  I have to get into the 2-stroke mindset but hopefully it won’t ruin the fun I have with my other two bikes.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MACE6772
22 Sep 2021 19:06 #1184

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

from Salisbury, UK.

Recommended practice is to change the brake shoes, unless you can be sure that they've been changed in the not too distant past.

Loads of manuals etc available in the Tech Library (see top toolbar).
22 Sep 2021 23:40 #1185

Replied by mtmrayz on topic And just who do you think you are?

My name is Mitch.  I live in Colorado.  For my birthday, I bought a 1975 DT 175.  It is in pretty good shape but I took it to a shop to get rust in the tank taken care of and to get all the lights working.  2 months later and I still don't have it back.  I am having a very hard time finding a headlight replacement. 

I have had Suzuki GS550 and a Harley in the past.  I am really excited about getting this bike out on the trails and road!
11 Dec 2021 08:38 #1186

Replied by loner on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome, from south Texas. Best place to get info and information is right here.
11 Dec 2021 08:45 #1187

Replied by leisurecross on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi, fellow riders! Dave, here from Gaithersburg, Md. I started riding in the early 70's on my brothers Honda Z50A..
Current ride is a '72 DT2MX. in progress is a '75 DT400B, and in storage is an unrestored '67 Triumph T100C given to me by my dad, who purchased it new in '67... Looking forward to meeting you folks!
Cheers..
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Badger52, MACE6772, Sneezles61
20 Dec 2021 10:16 #1188

Replied by grw57 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi my name is gary .I started riding in the early seventies had a 650 Triumph then and several others over the years,Today I ride a Harley.
I joined here because I have a 75 gt80 for the grand kids but the injection oil pump quit and they siezed it up last summer.I have rebuilt the engine but for the life of me I cant seem to get the right side engine cover back on.The oil pump drive and crank gear do not want to go together.Any helpfull ideas appreciated,
23 Jan 2022 11:10 #1189

Replied by MACE6772 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome to the forum Gary. Hang on answers to your questions will be coming soon. 
76 Dt 125 75 Dt 175 75 Dt 250 75 Dt 400 09 FZ6R
24 Jan 2022 10:14 #1190

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart