facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Clutch Removal

• srsnow
  • srsnow's Avatar Topic Author

Clutch Removal was created by srsnow

Are there any tips to removing the clutch pressure plate? It seems the screws are in at super human torque levels. My JIS screw driver gets a good bite on it but I just can not get enough leverage on the screwdriver to get them to break loose. O tried looking for JIS socket but no one seems to make any
22 Jun 2022 22:25 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Clutch Removal

Hope they've not been loctite'd in as is unnecessary. If i had to i'd use a T-bar with a nice new sharp [not twisted or damaged] impact tip in so it won't slip out easily. Don't impact it but T-bar twist should break it free easily. Turning to the left of course facing it!!.
22 Jun 2022 23:51 #2

Replied by Tom P on topic Clutch Removal

I hadn't been pre-warned not to use an impact driver, so that's what I used. Just the kind you hammer. I don't have a JIS tip, but I have a number 3 Phillips tip that fit the bolts very well.

I subsequently took the clutch apart again, and that time I just used a that same Phillips bit, with the ratchet handle. The first time I took it off, the screws had been on there for 50 years.
23 Jun 2022 14:06 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart