facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Ultrasonic cleaner - uk

Replied by Ht1kid on topic Ultrasonic cleaner - uk

Hey Jammy what brand of cleaner are you using in your ultrasonic cleaner 
07 Jan 2022 11:19 #31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Pete-RT1 on topic Ultrasonic cleaner - uk

Phil, I can give it a bead blast if you want.
Alternatively, I've just dropped my hubs and brake plates off in Maidenhead to have them vapour blasted along with some bits for plating. I should get them back in a couple of weeks, so I can give you the verdict on price and quality of job.
Post #15 on this thread shows my bead blasting on my CT3 carb which was originally black.
www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/...oration-ish?start=10
Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Yamaha AT1-C
Yamaha CT3
1978 Yamaha DT175MX
2020 Honda CB500X
07 Jan 2022 13:39 #32

• Jammyyammy
  • Jammyyammy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Jammyyammy on topic Ultrasonic cleaner - uk

Many thanks for the offer, but I’ve got 95% of the paint off it so far. One more go with the paint stripper and it will be done.
Then, I’ll put it all in the ultrasonic cleaner (sorry, cheap Chinese one - using ‘carbusonic’ fluid from eBay - it’s a weak yellow colour - not too sure if it’s any good or not), put the new OEM float valve (arriving shortly) in, then hopefully that elusive maiden voyage to find out all the other things that don’t work…..
Last edit: 07 Jan 2022 15:11 by Jammyyammy.
07 Jan 2022 14:49 #33

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic Ultrasonic cleaner - uk

I did a make shift U.C. and used CLR for the fluid.. which is on the high side of pH factor (alkaline) and it seemed to work good.. Food for thought... 
Sneezles61
08 Jan 2022 05:39 #34

Replied by eddy20 on topic Ultrasonic cleaner - uk

I use water, TSP and a bit of simple green in my ultrasonic cleaner. I try not to be too aggressive and use mostly water. Also my cleaner was purchased used on eBay from a dentists office, works great and has lasted years.
Last edit: 05 Apr 2022 20:54 by eddy20.
05 Apr 2022 20:44 #35

• none_of_my_bikes_run
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by none_of_my_bikes_run on topic Ultrasonic cleaner - uk

So I had always assumed these cleaners were out of my price range but recently I discovered some with reasonable price tags. I went for this one with a heat function at 90 bucks USD
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HLBKNMQ/ref...08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also was somewhat underwhelmed at the result. I used the purple version of Simple Green, in a freeze bag with carb. Water outside of the bag. (this was suggested on some the web somewhere so I tried it)

Although, it DID clean anything loose pretty well. All residue or mild junk was lifted off. But it it didn't change color/staining and some deep tight orifices still had crap in them. The carb was a TW200 carb which has sat since the 90s so it was pretty bad to begin with. I'd say it got me 75% of the way there without lifting a finger... but I will have to get out the brushes & parts washer to finish cleaning this one. The results definitely did not match some of the rave reviews on the web where people end up with carbs lookin' like they just got vapor blasted.

I think it was still worth it because I will use it for routine maintenance carb cleaning where the carb is already not very cruddy. i.e. just to remove any fuel residue from sitting over the winter or whatever. 
07 Apr 2022 05:56 #36

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart