facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

74 DT250 Where to Start?

Replied by DouglasDT on topic 74 DT250 Where to Start?

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=262420380050&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bdubya
  • Bdubya's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Bdubya on topic 74 DT250 Where to Start?

The seller threw in a brand new seat cover. It looks just like the ones you have pictured. Great idea about putting in some extra batting. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice.
03 Jul 2020 18:54 #12

• Bdubya
  • Bdubya's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Bdubya on topic 74 DT250 Where to Start?

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the advice. The seller put in a new lead acid battery so I guess I'll keep that for now. I don't have any plans to ride on the street until I make sure everything is safe. Nor do I have any plans to ride at night. So, the lights and electrical can wait for a while. I do want to tear in to that rear brake. Something is definitely wrong because it just locks up with the slightest touch.

I saw a pretty lengthy thread on rebuilding those thermal-flow shocks. I'll have to look at that more closely. Not sure I want to tackle that, but might be a fun winter project.
03 Jul 2020 18:59 #13

Replied by yamahoper on topic 74 DT250 Where to Start?

You could remove the springs , run the stroke and check for resistance both directions. If you have ,I would remove the large reservoir cap, drain , clean , add fresh fork fluid, clean the springs with brillo pad reassemble , about an hour worth of effort
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Tex68w
04 Jul 2020 13:48 #14

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart