facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Headlight conversion '72 CT 2

Replied by DVM on topic Headlight conversion '72 CT 2

A quick update concerning the modification I made on my CT3 using a 6 volt LED in the headlight.

1. The 6 volt led is designed for 6 volts! With the engine running the battery is being charged and the 6 volt system is outputting a little more than 6 volts which is not a problem when using the low beam. Using the high beam over time (several hours) will roast the internal high beam resistor. So, only use the high beam when needed for only a short time (several minutes). Placing a 6 volt DC regulator in the circuit going to the led headlight would solve that issue.

2. The 6 volt led that we are getting from China are fine for street use, but when riding trails that are really bumpy these led’s can come apart. This problem is easily solved with a little high temperature epoxy strategy placed on the led assembly where it is pieced together..

3. The 12 volt instrument lights that I used in the speedometer and the tachometer will burnout over time. Mine lasted several weeks before they burned out.

4. The high beam indicator light must be disconnected.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: t-bone, KJB, islandracer
03 Sep 2020 19:00 #31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT3Sam on topic Headlight conversion '72 CT 2

Thanks for the update. I'm considering doing this upgrade to my RT3. But I ride it off road allot and use it for vintage racing. Is there a better more robust LED headlight out there to use? I would really like to use my bike for adventure rides, but I need a working headlight.
05 Oct 2020 17:21 #32

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart