facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT2 shifting issues

• bhsdriller
  • bhsdriller's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by bhsdriller on topic CT2 shifting issues

Also while i'm here I've seen posts about not following the clutch assembly drawing diagrams and when putting the steel discs/fiber discs in you start with the fiber and not the steel like the drawings?

"When installing the discs are you going by the parts diagram?

Don't. Stack needs to start with a friction and end with a steel."
25 Aug 2023 15:13 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by yam-fan on topic CT2 shifting issues

Gear indexing not properly adjusted will certainly cause the problems you have been having.

Clutch trust washer missing isn't a great idea, and hopefully a new one, along with the indexing adjustment, will cure your problems completely.
25 Aug 2023 17:18 #22

Replied by RT325 on topic CT2 shifting issues

The washer that is part of the bearing isn't drawn in the pic if that's the one it sounds like you mean & can only be bought as the flat bearing complete.
Hope it works out although not related to the jumping out of gear problem.
Just my opinion--but--Once it's in gear & settled with the roller arm holding it in between the pins the change arms job is done, so if it jumps out after that then, i think dogs & slots rounded.
But if it jumps back out under acceleration while power shifting during the change process then it's possible the arm's not pulling it far enough in & dogs are kicking it back before fully in.
Anyway, who the hell does power shifting on one of these old girls--umm, [me, dare i say, & standing in the corner].
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid, Sneezles61
Last edit: 26 Aug 2023 03:12 by RT325.
26 Aug 2023 02:50 #23

• bhsdriller
  • bhsdriller's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by bhsdriller on topic CT2 shifting issues

Ok got it all put together and so far so good, not sure if i'm just shifting better or what I did helped any lol

Rundown of work:
On the other side of the shift shaft it had a circlip and washer but it wasn't the stock and there was a lot of in/out play on the shaft so I replaced that and it doesn't move in/out now.
Replaced that clutch thrust washer.
Then I did the adjustment on the gear indexing as well as a new spring on the shift shaft because it was cheap
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
08 Sep 2023 12:27 #24

Replied by MarkT on topic CT2 shifting issues

Congratulations! 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
08 Sep 2023 14:23 #25

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart