facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Building CT2 For Vintage Cross Country Racing

• dalaymond
  • dalaymond's Avatar Topic Author
I race an '82 IT 175, in the AHRMA post-vintage 60+ class.  I've recently bought a fairly complete CT2 roller.  I want to build it into a vintage cross country bike, to race in the AHRMA vintage 60+ class.  I want to keep the wide ratio transmission and lighting capability.  Would a MX 175 top end help the bottom end to mid range power ?  What years, if any, would retro fit a CT2?  Are there any '74-'75 MX or YZ front ends (with 21" front wheels) that would retro fit a CT2?  Thank you, for any pertinent info, that you are willing to share.
Last edit: 19 May 2021 10:36 by dalaymond.
19 May 2021 10:35 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Capt.Dave on topic Building CT2 For Vintage Cross Country Racing

The 74-75 mx 175 is a bolt on and has power thru out the rpm range. The mx 175 front end should work fine.
19 May 2021 13:16 #2

• dalaymond

Replied by dalaymond on topic Building CT2 For Vintage Cross Country Racing

Thank you, Cpt.Dave .
19 May 2021 15:40 #3

Be nice to see some pics sometime. We love everyone else's projects. Hope ya back is still good as short suspension compared to the IT won't help. Thick seat could be good. How far can you stretch the rules for modifying suspension & motor or does anything go in your age group. I've got a TY175 cylinder on my AT1 & turns on wild & nothing like a trials motor so thinking the TY pipe must be a lot to do with its power characteristics as a trials motor. My original AT pipe is gutted as fell to bits years ago, so a sort of race chamber in disguise. By the way, mine's not a race bike, just a crappy old vintage trail bike.
Last edit: 19 May 2021 18:46 by RT325.
19 May 2021 18:45 #4

• dalaymond

Replied by dalaymond on topic Building CT2 For Vintage Cross Country Racing

My bike is just an ugly project bike at the moment.  The only race parts I have so far are a set of silver Preston Petty fenders and a Whispering Smith pipe.  I have an 1974 MX 175 cylinder and head on their way.  And I am negotiating for a '74 YZ 125 34mm front end and front wheel.
19 May 2021 20:06 #5

Replied by Rick C. on topic Building CT2 For Vintage Cross Country Racing

I like ugly project bikes !!
Pictures !!
Last edit: 21 May 2021 09:40 by Rick C..
21 May 2021 09:39 #6

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart