facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

JayB’s “New” DT1-CM(X?)

• JayB
  • JayB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by JayB on topic JayB’s “New” DT1-CM(X?)

I found a decent original paint 1970 DT1 tank with patina (dents) on ebay:

Of course, it was incorrectly listed as for a CT1.  This purchase makes up for the CT1 tank I bought that was wrongly listed as being for a DT1!  From that mistake I learned to be able to correctly identify the DT1/CT1 tank differences even with bad pictures.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Swoop56, Gr8uncleal, Ht1kid, Brzn
03 May 2023 13:53 #31

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic JayB’s “New” DT1-CM(X?)

"From that mistake I learned to be able to correctly identify the DT1/CT1 tank differences even with bad pictures."

That's one of my soapbox subjects. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Very few sellers deliberately mis-describe something, but over the years so many parts of these old bikes have been mixed and matched that, unless you know your onions, it's very easy to get it wrong. RD and XS speedos and tachos are other parts easily mixed up.  
The following user(s) Liked this Post: JayB
Last edit: 03 May 2023 23:46 by Gr8uncleal.
03 May 2023 23:46 #32

Replied by shyted on topic JayB’s “New” DT1-CM(X?)

The width of the badges is a give away as long as some of them are left to see but the thing i always look for is where the tank mount is (or was) or where the blank is on the lobes either side. I have just bought some spokes from a seller in Canada. Bagged up as DT1 with the part number and a handfull of the correct spokes displayed.
They get here and there are three different types of spokes in the bag from god knows what but they aren't DT1.
04 May 2023 02:29 #33

Replied by Hammer on topic JayB’s “New” DT1-CM(X?)

Folks,

Just a thought here; perhaps it was set up for Enduro competition. Back in the day, this would have been about perfect for something to run in, for instance, the Greenhorn 500 and similar events where average speeds were set for each segment of the course, and those who got to a check point early could work on their bikes, yet enter the checkpoint on time, and not lose any points for that segment. You remember, when Enduros WERE Enduros...Just sayin'...

Hammer
Who, More than Self, His Country Loved.
04 May 2023 23:30 #34

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart