facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Stator plate screws frozen on 71 DT-1E

• BajaBronco
  • BajaBronco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by BajaBronco on topic Stator plate screws frozen on 71 DT-1E

Anyone have a diagram for the wires handy or know where to look. All I have is whats pictured. Source coil and condensor and points. Looks like yellow, white and green with red stripe snipped just before they reach the plate.
Andrew
70 RT-1M
71 DT-1E 11/70
71 DT-1E 12/70
28 Jul 2020 21:49 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by p.wells on topic Stator plate screws frozen on 71 DT-1E

Hello there, i had the same problem with my DT 400 b stator the screws were rusted in ,so over a couple of days i kept soaking them in a good quality release agent then i managed to get two of them out with an impact driver giving short sharp taps with a hammer,when you notice that they start to turn be very gentle,a little turn at a time else you will ring them off and that is more trouble.The third and final screw had the philips head all chewed up so i cut a small two inch section of hacksaw blade and carefully cut a slot in the head of the screw and with a flat bit in the impact driver it slowly started to turn out ,but you must be pataint and dont try too rush things.On my restoration all of the bolts and nuts have had a thin wipe of copper grease so they will not rust in any more.Good luck hope all goes well.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: BajaBronco
28 Jul 2020 23:27 #12

Replied by Bbd83 on topic Stator plate screws frozen on 71 DT-1E

I felt your pain 100% with my DT400. Such an amazing feeling when you get them out finally, 1 screw-up away from total disaster! Nice work!
20 Aug 2020 22:06 #13

Replied by msavitt on topic Stator plate screws frozen on 71 DT-1E

if these are the three philips screws that i think you are referring to, i would definitely NOT use an impact wrench, I would use a handheld impact driver that you hit with a hammer because the hammer blow drives the philips bit into the screw, vs. further ruining it.

Here's an exampe of one www.amazon.com/TEKTON-2905-8-Inch-Manual...id=1598055044&sr=8-4

I am not recommending this particular tool, just providing this so you can see what i am talking about. I have a really nice KD one that i bought with my lawn money 40+ years ago!
21 Aug 2020 17:12 #14

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart