facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: clutch actuator)

• JGersh
29 Jul 2021 18:36
Replied by JGersh on topic Clutch lever stiff on DT and RT engines
I spoke to Dave Kolbo about the installation and he confirmed that the actuator comes with instructions on how to install and orientate properly. I will be ordering one soon.
  • mx360guy
29 Jul 2021 13:32
Replied by mx360guy on topic Clutch lever stiff on DT and RT engines
I ordered through KDI but the eBay sight said that they come with instructions. I am assuming the KDI unit should come with the same instructions.  I have found that the orientation of the threads is important to get the proper rotation/push of the rod.  I have several actuators; all with split nylon that seem to have different amounts of rotation. I think if they split, they loosen up on the shaft and slip a little thus changing the amount of rotation. Dang I really want to get this problem fixed!
  • KennyV
29 Jul 2021 12:35
Replied by KennyV on topic Clutch lever stiff on DT and RT engines
Has anyone actually installed a new brass piece on the actuator shaft? I'm curious as to how it's actually fastened to the shaft. I'm assuming a press fit over the spline shaft?
  • mx360guy
28 Jul 2021 08:58
Replied by mx360guy on topic Clutch lever stiff on DT and RT engines
Wow! A replacement piece for the nylon thread! I was about to give up on my DT3 project because of the clutch actuator. I don't have the skills or the tools to do the cover mods that I have seen. I hope this will work.
I too suffer from the stiff clutch and throw of the actuator..I will report when I get it installed.
  • JGersh
27 Jul 2021 20:28
Replied by JGersh on topic Clutch lever stiff on DT and RT engines
Here’s what a split nylon actuator looks like.  If this is the problem then replace with the KDI brass actuator as previously noted. 

• MarkT
27 Jul 2021 19:11
Replied by MarkT on topic Clutch lever stiff on DT and RT engines
Careful...  what's meant is snug down the spring screws until they stop and as long as they are original you can't screw them down too far.

You can over tighten them though...  then they go "snap".  Not fun.

Probably the actuator.  Or possible someone installed heavy springs.
  • turbodan
27 Jul 2021 17:33
Replied by turbodan on topic Clutch lever stiff on DT and RT engines
You can't really over tighten the pressure plate springs.  If the clutch stack height is wrong you can run into coil bind though. 

I've got the RT1/RT2/RT3/MX360 springs in my DT360 and the clutch pull is fairly light with a pleasant feel.  Nice thing about the 74 360 is that Yamaha simplified and improved the clutch release mechanism.  The older bikes have that problematic helical actuator.  For my Kawasaki Bighorn I was able to use a ball bearing item from a Suzuki Katana which worked much better, though it did require some modification of the side cover.  I don't know if that part would be compatible with the Yamaha but it would be worth looking into.
  • Bigdog302
27 Jul 2021 04:34 - 27 Jul 2021 04:37
Replied by Bigdog302 on topic Clutch lever stiff on DT and RT engines

Rendering Error in layout Search/Results/Row: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=255011381379&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • RT325
27 Jul 2021 00:36
Replied by RT325 on topic Clutch lever stiff on DT and RT engines
Chances are its split the nylon part of the actuator or lifter whatever ya call it. When it splits it just gets spread & tightens & resists being operated. There are optiong & the type out of RD350 & numerous others are 4 start rather than 3 start & work great but needs alterations to fit it as a complete inner & outer unit. Also saw a brass part to replace the nylon even though the nylon part isn't removable but someones managed it & produced the brass option with instruction on how to fit it to the middle bit. Someone will find a link for that soon i guess.
  • RT325
25 Jul 2021 16:34
Replied by RT325 on topic DT3 Push Lever Assembly
Yep, one piece & they split so operating forces it outwards making operation even harder. Cost a million pounds 10. Various options & i inserted a later one from an RD350. Lots of info here which i'll see if i can link for you. Bit of a mission to do--inserting that is--but lots have done it. Link below to a page about it but just search for actuator or push lever on here & should be lots to check out.
www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/...-214-16340-00#127980
Displaying 141 - 150 out of 275 results.