facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT3 Push Lever Assembly

• Super90
  • Super90's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

DT3 Push Lever Assembly was created by Super90

My clutch lever has gotten harder to pull. I oiled the cable thoroughly and it didn't improve. I attempted to adjust the clutch setting at the side case but it still was hard to pull. The cable is free beneath the tank so it isn't pinched. Today I took the side case off since i could look at the cable lever/arm inside. I cleaned it well inside and out and noticed that there appears to be a plastic or phenolic insert of some sort that turns inside of the push lever assembly when it rotates. The parts book doesn't show this piece as separate, as it looks to be pressed in somehow, but mine looks to be cracked. Does anyone have experience with this piece? I am attaching a photo showing the piece. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim
25 Jul 2021 15:44 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic DT3 Push Lever Assembly

Yep, one piece & they split so operating forces it outwards making operation even harder. Cost a million pounds 10. Various options & i inserted a later one from an RD350. Lots of info here which i'll see if i can link for you. Bit of a mission to do--inserting that is--but lots have done it. Link below to a page about it but just search for actuator or push lever on here & should be lots to check out.
www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/...-214-16340-00#127980
25 Jul 2021 16:34 #2

• Super90
  • Super90's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by Super90 on topic DT3 Push Lever Assembly

RT325, Thanks so much for the information and link to a solution. Mine isn't wobbly or cracked, so I might just put some hi temp grease on it and put her back together. I guess I use the clutch too much? haha. Thanks again, Tim
25 Jul 2021 17:18 #3

Replied by 1971DT250 on topic DT3 Push Lever Assembly

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=255011381379&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by RT325 on topic DT3 Push Lever Assembly

You did say up top 'mine looks to be cracked' & expanding your pic i think i can see two cracks. No matter, grease it up & carry on. I only use the clutch for starting off haha. The brass one thats up here is one i've not seen so looks a super good idea & guess its pressed on in the right position onto the old center. To grease yours it winds completely out, so have a good look for being slit longways. Good luck.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2021 23:15 by RT325.
25 Jul 2021 23:14 #5

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic DT3 Push Lever Assembly

Brass. Imagine that. Good ole Dave at KDI Reproductions. Gotta love it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Super90
Last edit: 26 Jul 2021 05:38 by Mothersbaugh.
26 Jul 2021 05:38 #6

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart