facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CHT Gauge.

• Tinkicker
  • Tinkicker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

CHT Gauge. was created by Tinkicker

Just ordered a 14mm Head temp gauge from a UK company called mainline sensors.  Apparently design and manufacture bespoke sensors for industry.  We shall see if that means good or poor quality.  Reads in C or F.

It is not going to be a full time feature, it needs a 12v battery or supply as it is intended for aircooled cars, it is just to give an indication of head temp and how high it gets for peace of mind.  It should remain under the danger zone with std jetting, but I just want to make sure.

Anyways.  I am an aircoolled CHT gauge virgin.

What would be the temp be that calls for easing off the throttle?  Obviously I would probaby ease off a little sooner, rather than at the very last second to account for heat lag.

From research it seems 200C is the max you want to be seeing, but so far as I can glean, that is on VW camper van engines.

What about vintage yam enduros?  What temp do you roll back the throttle?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MACE6772
Last edit: 02 Feb 2024 00:39 by Tinkicker.
02 Feb 2024 00:33 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by MACE6772 on topic CHT Gauge.

Check out the General Enduro Discussion Area : Operating Temp Range for 1972 DT2 250.
76 Dt 125 75 Dt 175 75 Dt 250 75 Dt 400 09 FZ6R
02 Feb 2024 09:26 #2

• Tinkicker
  • Tinkicker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Tinkicker on topic CHT Gauge.

Thanks for that.  Don't know how I missed that thread.  Between 300 and 400F then.  I will probably reduce engine load at 380F in that case.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2024 10:06 by Tinkicker.
02 Feb 2024 10:05 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart