×
Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)
Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.
Makotosun
1975 Yamaha Dt 125 Enduro
- Dirt clods
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 5
- Likes received: 9
1975 Yamaha Dt 125 Enduro was created by Dirt clods
Just had this bike given to me. One question for the day well this bike start without a battery??
08 Sep 2026 16:02
#1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schu
-
- Offline
- Site Supporter
-
- Posts: 1799
- Likes received: 2244
Replied by Schu on topic 1975 Yamaha Dt 125 Enduro
No. That is a 12V system and it does require a decent battery to run.
Unlike the 6V enduros that will run without a battery.
Unlike the 6V enduros that will run without a battery.
Schu
CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, CT2, RT3, DT360A (2), GT80B, DT100B, DT125B, DT175B, DT175C, DT250B (2), DT400B, Z50
Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, CT2, RT3, DT360A (2), GT80B, DT100B, DT125B, DT175B, DT175C, DT250B (2), DT400B, Z50
Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
08 Sep 2026 16:17
#2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dirt clods
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 5
- Likes received: 9
Replied by Dirt clods on topic 1975 Yamaha Dt 125 Enduro
Thank you! Awaiting amazon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dirt clods
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 5
- Likes received: 9
Replied by Dirt clods on topic 1975 Yamaha Dt 125 Enduro
Battery in she's alive!!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, Andy L, pahiker
11 Sep 2026 16:59
#4
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dogboy
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
- Posts: 64
- Likes received: 24
Replied by Dogboy on topic 1975 Yamaha Dt 125 Enduro
what battery did you get? and does your electric start work? I am getting my 125 ready to ride and also need to replace the battery as the one In it now turns it over slow and not sure that it would start it. but I am still waiting on a few more parts before I start it.
11 Sep 2026 17:56
#5
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dirt clods
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 5
- Likes received: 9
Replied by Dirt clods on topic 1975 Yamaha Dt 125 Enduro
Amazon
Weize YTX5L-BS High Performance - Maintenance Free - Sealed AGM Motorcycle YTX5L $17.99
And YES my electric starter works great!!
And YES my electric starter works great!!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Schu, Ht1kid, Reed valve Richards
12 Sep 2026 16:04
#6
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dogboy
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
- Posts: 64
- Likes received: 24
Replied by Dogboy on topic 1975 Yamaha Dt 125 Enduro
Thank you for your battery choice and I am glad your starter works so well!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Dirt clods
12 Sep 2026 16:35
#7
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Reed valve Richards
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 350
- Likes received: 199
Replied by Reed valve Richards on topic 1975 Yamaha Dt 125 Enduro
Good deal on the battery. I am a very big fan of adding a capacitor to my battery as I can always start and run them (I guess if that model is electric start only you could bump it, the kick models are very handy) I wonder if we'll ever get some kind of battery device that doesnt drain so rapidly.
Yo Joe, Go Joe
14 Sep 2026 20:01
#8
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dogboy
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
- Posts: 64
- Likes received: 24
Replied by Dogboy on topic 1975 Yamaha Dt 125 Enduro
I should be trying to start mine tomorrow to see what does and doesn't work.
I keep mine on a trickle charger when I park it.
I keep mine on a trickle charger when I park it.
15 Sep 2026 18:35
#9
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: yamadmin, Makotosun, DEET, Vinnie
