facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

LH control switch

• principal282
  • principal282's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

LH control switch was created by principal282

Searching for internal parts, YHA 205. 
now missing the little bushing.  My carelessness… had it all apart (3rd time) because of my poor solder skills.

was in a rush.  Put the lever screw what not on the towel.
come back next day, I find screw in a different spot and washer also. No matter, but trying to find these internals.

your local principal who has adhd worse than most kids

12 Oct 2023 05:21 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MarkT
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by MarkT on topic LH control switch

Turn signal lever bushing?
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
12 Oct 2023 17:39 #2

• principal282
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by principal282 on topic LH control switch

Yes.
12 Oct 2023 17:54 #3

• principal282
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I scored a used one on eBay somewhat reasonably.

it’ll be nice to have some spare parts spring etc if needed.

12 Oct 2023 18:06 #4

Replied by Tinkicker on topic LH control switch

Searching for internal parts, YHA 205. 
now missing the little bushing.  My carelessness… had it all apart (3rd time) because of my poor solder skills.

was in a rush.  Put the lever screw what not on the towel.
come back next day, I find screw in a different spot and washer also. No matter, but trying to find these internals.

your local principal who has adhd worse than most kids......

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Fear not.  It is not your mental health at stake.

I suppose being new to the restoration of mechanical devices, you will not yet have heard of the Part Pixies.

They are almost invisible and when a device is being dismantled or reassembled, they gather and watch from a corner.
They are incredibly quick and hard to spot.  You will usually only see one move as a blur in the corner of your eye.

If a part they itch to own is put down, they watch carefuly for a chance to strike.  As soon as the owner turns their back, or drops something, they strike, stealing the part away. 
Sometimes they have no intention of keeping the part, they just take it out of devilment for training purposes, putting it back in the exact same place, often hours or days later.  The human's consternation is a great source of glee for them.

I find that the most sought after items by the pixies are watch movement rubies and yoke springs, circlips of any size, one out of every four small carb screws,  and small electrical terminal brass nuts.

It is acknowledged that for training purposes, the most popular objects taken and returned hours later are reading glasses, tv remote controls, car keys and small tools of any description.

Fear not for your health, they are not dangerous, just mischievous villains.

​​​​​

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid, Lizeec, alnarv, principal282, Sneezles61
Last edit: 12 Oct 2023 23:03 by Tinkicker.
12 Oct 2023 23:00 #5

• principal282
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Love it!
im gonna learn.  I’ve had the doggone thing apart a couple of times.  Once I was super careful.  Every part accounted for.  This time I was ok I can sit here.  Well a part pixie came along and grabbed the bushing.  Oh well, No matter..I found a parts switch on the eBay and all will be put to rights soon.

did I mention I’ve been searching for my hearing aids at least four times in the past five years?  Hahahaha

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid, Sneezles61
13 Oct 2023 03:54 #6

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart