facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Parts Sources

• johnste1960
  • johnste1960's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Parts Sources was created by johnste1960

Hi all,
Looking for recommendations other than Partzilla.  I have used Partzilla almost exclusively and in the past have been happy with them,  but lately, finding their prices generally higher than a couple others I googled, latest orders on billed parts that are supposedly “IN STOCK”  end up being partial orders,  and their free shipping threshold has been increased to a super high threshold.  They are not very good at keeping there available/not available list updated.  Whats worse,  when something is not available, they do not credit my account and I have had to go through extra work to make sure everything was financially resolved.I understand the situation and prices in general have increased, but Parzilla is not doing things smartly to keep cost down.  On several occasions, they break up the order into multiple shipments causing them to spend multiple times the shipping cost than they would have to.  I understand some want parts they can get right away,  but in my situation, I can wait for all to be shipped and am more looking for a good price.   In addition, I litterly had a bolt/nut/washer, shipped in a box 12 inches long, 6 inches high, and 6 inches wide when it could have been shipped in a small padded envelope and a much lower shipping cost. 
, ridiculous.On other forums I am on usually there is a listing of recommended places to buy and in some cases discounts and/or discount codes that forum members can use.  Just wondering what the recommendations are on this forum for YAMAHA parts.
24 Jan 2023 16:52 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by AirborneSilva on topic Parts Sources

Even though I live here in the state, I've been shopping a lot with CMSNL and Yambits, decent prices, the shipping is cheaper than partzilla and pretty much all the time gets here faster than partzilla. The two are really good at showing parts that are not in stock.
2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
24 Jan 2023 16:59 #2

Replied by SKYDANCER46 on topic Parts Sources

For OEM parts i use rockymountainatv or partzilla and compare. lately i prefer rockymountain. E-bay is good to. I also use my local Yamaha dealer as much as possible. sometimes there faster at getting the parts and you don't pay any shipping cost.

1970 DT250C
Last edit: 24 Jan 2023 17:10 by SKYDANCER46.
24 Jan 2023 17:09 #3

Replied by MarkT on topic Parts Sources

Rocky Mountain ATV MC

Link on most pages
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: JimA
24 Jan 2023 17:32 #4

• Gr8uncleal
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Parts Sources

"E-bay is good to. I also use my local Yamaha dealer as much as possible. sometimes there faster at getting the parts and you don't pay any shipping cost."

+1

Here in the UK, doesn't even have to be a main Yamaha dealer. A company called Fowlers is the main wholesaler and so, if your dealer has an account with them, they get sourced from them and you pay Yamaha retail prices. Fowlers also have a fleabay presence, but you pay extra when buying from there, presumably for handling and postage.

For me, CMSNL is a brilliant reference library for photos of original parts. However, on my last order they had to order some parts in, even though they showed as being in stock.
24 Jan 2023 23:43 #5

Replied by MotoFrog on topic Parts Sources

Recently I found a website called hvccycle.net to find parts for my 78 DT400. Just keep in mind for you to search for parts you will need to have the part number (you don’t really need the part number but it makes everything a lot easier). You can find the part numbers by going on to Rocky Mountain or partzilla. Best of luck to you!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Gr8uncleal
25 Jan 2023 09:01 #6

Replied by nhsteve on topic Parts Sources

was using Speed and Sport for the last several years. Last fall I had to put things on hold for a few months, went back just 3 weeks ago and the website was unreachable. I searched and searched (they have an eBay presence : "yamatopdog", but  "yamatopdog.com" no longer works 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

) and found a site that is the same physical location, and even had a parts search engine and parts diagrams, but I was totally unable to place an order. Very frustrating! 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Wound up going to Partzilla and got what I needed, had forgotten the others. I think what most of us want are sites that show the parts book along with the quantities "needed', but equally important is the number of parts that they actually have.

HVC is a solid outfit. I have used them multiple times over the years. I've always gotten quality parts, which is more important to me now than price. You get what you pay for.

I really, really really miss northwest and boats.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
Last edit: 03 Feb 2023 07:23 by nhsteve. Reason: spelling
03 Feb 2023 07:22 #7

Replied by SKYDANCER46 on topic Parts Sources

Speed and sports is reconstructing there web site. suppose to be done this month i think? You can always call Cindy and order that way.

1970 DT250C
03 Feb 2023 07:32 #8

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart