facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Performance of a dt100

• Tunnie
  • Tunnie's Avatar Topic Author

Performance of a dt100 was created by Tunnie

Hello, I have a dt100, it does about 60 mpg ( uk) and tops out about 49 with me on it, i weight about 90 kg. How far off what I could get out if it would you say those current numbers are? 
thanks Tunnie 
25 Sep 2022 13:07 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jack100 on topic Performance of a dt100

Hi Tunnie.

I see this is an old-ish post, but just stumbled across it so thought I'd add my findings.

I've got a 1975 DT100, when all is running perfectly I can squeeze an indicated 60mph out of it, provided there isn't a headwind! I am 57kg. The bike has a +1mm overbore (doubt that changes much) and is running a chinese carb.
As for fuel consumption, I've not worked it out, but I don't reckon it gets 60mpg.

Based on how easily the bike loses speed on a slight hill, I would say the difference in top speed is probably about right for our difference in weight.

Any purists should stop reading here... I have just bought a DT 125 engine to try and skillfully install (bodge) into my DT100, with a view to putting a 175 cylinder on if I can make the engine fit.
I love the DT100's looks and tiny proportions, but am bored of it's puney output.
I know the usual response to this is buy a bigger bike or go on a diet, but as I'm sure you know, classic DTs are not cheap in the UK, and I don't want to part with the 100. And dieting is not an option, if I lost weight I might be in danger of snapping in two.
I pick up the engine tomorrow, and can't wait to spend hours ignoring my responsibilities, swearing and losing skin from my knuckles in the garage!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduronut, MarkT, Ht1kid, Sneezles61
11 Nov 2022 04:28 #2

• Tunnie
  • Tunnie's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Tunnie on topic Performance of a dt100

Hi there, thanks for your input on the real life expectable performance. Good luck with the up coming project. It will be interesting to see what you learn from it. All the best Tunnie 
11 Nov 2022 05:33 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart