facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

What is your descrption of Vintage ?

Replied by YZBill on topic What is your descrption of Vintage ?

Vintage is one of those words that the meaning is dynamic. If you’re in the vintage motocross scene, the purists make a point of telling you that vintage is any motorcycle made before 1975 and any motorcycle made after 1974 is post-vintage. Personally I have a difficult time accepting the fact that a bike with a linkage rear shock, front & rear disc brakes, and liquid-cooled engine is now considered vintage. That being said, a group of us have been doing some vintage trail rides and the bikes have to be at least 25 years old.
Last edit: 30 Jun 2022 11:11 by YZBill. Reason: Correction
30 Jun 2022 11:10 #31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Oldbikenut on topic What is your descrption of Vintage ?

I consider my 83 XT250 vintage, drum brakes front and back, kickstart only, 6V and a metal tank. I feel most bikes pre 90’s are vintage
30 Jun 2022 16:44 #32

Replied by nhsteve on topic What is your descrption of Vintage ?

As others have indicated, the definition of "Vintage" is fluid, and will probably remain so. I laugh to myself several times a week looking at the craigslist ads for "vintage" bikes, as it is obvious (to me) that the seller is attempting to get buyers "of a certain age" to look at them. I certainly do not consider a 2005 anything to be 'vintage'. If it works good for them. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

At 72 I should probably consider myself "Vintage" (sigh

). I don't think anyone wants to be even partly responsible for a geezer like myself out on the trail, so I have been restricting myself to primarily fireroads.

On the other hand, I have an almost-60 OSSA fanatic friend who goes quite well in the woods. His neighbor (KTM-mounted) rides with him and videoed these 2 clips. Norm has indicated the same circumstances riding with the KTM guy as others have here.  Been hoping he will invite me over sometime !

Chasing Norm 10 7 21 - YouTube

Chasing Norm Pt2 - YouTube

Lastly: car radio cassette decks are not 'vintage'........ 8-track tapes? Now those are vintage!!! 

Cheers!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Swoop56, yamahahaha, Ht1kid
Last edit: 01 Jul 2022 08:55 by nhsteve.
01 Jul 2022 08:54 #33

Replied by msavitt on topic What is your descrption of Vintage ?

vintage means that my sons couldn't figure out how to start it if their lives depended upon it!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 87warrior, Schu, Ht1kid
01 Jul 2022 09:26 #34

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart