facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Clutch basket screw torque

• Burrage
  • Burrage's Avatar Topic Author

Clutch basket screw torque was created by Burrage

Hi, just cleaned up 1973 DT3 clutch. Can anyone confirm the torque for the spring screws. I have found the torque table in the Service Manual, so I just apply the torque for the screw diameter or is there a unique value for clutch spring,? Cheers
26 Feb 2021 22:41 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Clutch basket screw torque

Whatever the manual says is how it should be & spring tension doesn't come into it. Ok the screw winds the spring in but then comes to a stop on the post its threaded into & that's what your torquing against. You'll be good, don't worry. Just had a look at the end of the manual online & says 7 foot pounds or 90 inch pounds for 6mm so should be good. Shame on me but i just do them up tight--no torquing.
I'll just add that early DT1's had 5mm threads on those screws & stretched & broke easily. But i'm sure by DT3 those have long gone than goodness.
Last edit: 27 Feb 2021 04:45 by RT325.
27 Feb 2021 04:38 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart